Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: RHD2 Updated 6th Oct 2017

Default RHD2 Updated 6th Oct 2017

For those who don't get the RWAF alerts, I have just had this from them:

We are pleased to announce that after long discussions with Filavie, a vaccine manufacturer in France, and NVS, a Veterinary Wholesalers in the UK, we will very shortly have, for sale in the UK, a vaccine against RHD2. This also covers RHD1. The full order should be in stock from Mid June, with relatively small amounts available before then. Please ask your vet to contact NVS to discuss exact anticipated stock arrival dates and to assist them with some idea of expected demand.

You still need to vaccinate your rabbits with Nobivac as previously, please discuss this with your vet.

We are enormously grateful to our wonderful Vet Dr Richard Saunders for doing the necessary research and negotiation with the manufactuer, then arranging the necessary import paperwork , and then liasing with NVS in order for them to be able to supply it. On behalf of Bunnies everywhere we thank you Richard!
    Last edited by MightyMax; 06-10-2017 at 08:38 PM.

That's great - thank you for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by mariposa View Post
    That's great - thank you for sharing!
    Welcome

That's really great news...lets hope its available for longer than the first influx.

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    That's really great news...lets hope its available for longer than the first influx.
    I'm hoping my vet will get in touch and let me know when she has it. She did email to say she would ..

Same here - spoke to my vet only this morning and they were still trying to get it direct and still no permission to do so.
    Who carry in their hearts Sweet Pea, Florence, Bramble, Parsnip, Quickthorn, Quince, Sage and little Snowdrop. We also remember Viola who visited.

I need a 50 dose vial really . . .
    Who carry in their hearts Sweet Pea, Florence, Bramble, Parsnip, Quickthorn, Quince, Sage and little Snowdrop. We also remember Viola who visited.

Quote Originally Posted by parsnipbun View Post
    I need a 50 dose vial really . . .
    How many rabbits do you have at the mo, Parsnipbun?

32 - (Did you not count them when you were here????) so there would be some doses left I know - but as the single doses ran out so quickly last time I would be fine with paying for a 50. Happy for a rescue to have the rest if they can get to the vets while vial still useable. Though its actually the vets time rather than the vaccine itself that is the real cost.
    Last edited by parsnipbun; 27-05-2016 at 09:33 PM.

I am looking at paying 32 x35 as 35 is the standard lowest charge for a vets appt at my vets -