• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Great Big Hello

Hi everyone!

New to Rabbits United, we have 2 house rabbits.

We adopted Gandalf from friends after they had a baby, we've been his humans for just under a year. He's a neutered male with gorgeously soft grey fur. We think that he is a Blue Rex, whether he is a mini or not is yet to be seen as he's still only about a year and a half old. Plus, the vets don't know, which is really helpful. Gandalf, or to give him his full title, Professor Albus Gandalf Sherlock Wilson, has come on leaps and bounds since we brought him home. He used to lunge and was very territorial. Now, he still lunges (once in a blue moon) but never bites, and will happily let you put your hand in his 'bedroom hutch'. He's a happy chappy who understands what he can/cannot do. He shows no interest in our furniture (thank goodness) and while he's not fan of sitting on the sofa, he is a fan of jumping all over it, which we think is adorable and hilarious!

Three days ago, my fiancé took Gandalf for his yearly jabs and a mani-pedi. He picked me up from work and we went back to our vets (happens to also be a Pets At Home). I honestly thought the worst. I thought the vet had seen something in Gandalf that we had missed and we were going to say goodbye. Oh no, my other half had fallen in love with a little girl who had been taken out to the back as she had been left after a litter of rabbits had all been bought. She was due to go up for adoption (where Pets at Home cannot sell an animal anymore, for one reason or another, or an animal is bought back to the store by people who don't want them/cant keep them :cry: )

I stood no chance.

So we've now adopted a 16 week old girl, we've named her Luna, or Dame Alice Luna Bluebell Wilson. She's still very timid, and she hides in her 'bedroom' when we try to feed her. But she has let us stroke her a few times, she's starting to respond to her name. She's very cute and we're keeping our fingers crossed that she makes a great addition to our little family.

I think my first real post will be in the 'Bonding and Behaviours' Section of the Forum. Anyway... Thats our Furbabies.

We're both 23 year old graduates working in Insurance. We live in a rented home at the moment, and the rabbits have the run of the living room (not Luna at the moment as she's in her temporary hutch until her real home arrives on Saturday).

:love:
Insure your house against rabbit damage, specifically.
Carpets, wallpaper, anything with a cable.
Insure also against unplanned pregnancy and twins. I knew people in insurance who did that, and the money came in very handy when the twins came along. :wave:

We've been really lucky with Gandalf, he's never done any damage to anything. He's more of a running around binkying type than a digging, knawing type rabbit. We have contents insurance. I don't really think we'll need insurance for rabbit damage, mainly because the house is completely designed around rabbit living... :roll:

This may be a stupid question... When you say unplanned pregnancy? Do you mean human pregnancy or rabbit pregnancy?

:wave:

:wave: Welcome to RU...& yes photos please (you need to upload them to photobucket or similar first)

Who knows if this will work....

This is Luna the day we got her. She's not yet used to the camera and runs away any time it appears. Gandalf was the same but then I put it on the floor in the run one day and just left him to suss it out and now he actually plays up to it :)

Luna%20_zpso14gorlw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is Gandalf... Its an Instagram photo of the day I realised he had dug out the back of the sofa. Completely my fault, I hadn't secured the fabric after hoovering underneath it :lol:

Again, apologies if the photos don't work. I've not used photo bucket before :)

Oh I don't mind. It was my fault. The whole house is rabbit proofed but I forgot to zip the sofa up :) Just thankful he didn't eat any of it!
Thank you, I'm hoping to get some better photos of them over the weekend, we're moving the living room around to give them more room and hopefully build a nice hutch as at the moment they have the generic plastic and metal one and its not very pretty or practical.

Lovely rabbits :)
My girls started as more running around & binky types but they are starting to become diggers and nibbles so keep an eye out :)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back