• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Metacam from Vet UK - they ok ?

nickybunny1

Mama Doe
As I am probably going to need metacam long term my vet gave me a prescription for it. Vet UK appears to be the cheapest. Are they ok ?, Anyone used them ??

As I am probably going to need metacam long term my vet gave me a prescription for it. Vet UK appears to be the cheapest. Are they ok ?, Anyone used them ??

I used to use them. Then they went majorly downhill and many many people never got their orders fulfilled. Me included - which was also a prescription. Their customer service was terrible and to be honest, I am never going to risk ordering from them again.

There may be a reason why they are the cheapest.

I also used to use VetUK (although never tried them for prescription items). Then they got a new computer system (about a couple of months ago maybe?) and it all went wrong! No idea what they are like now. I'd use them again, but not for anything urgent.

I got some from Animed on Jack's Jane's recommendation. Very pleased with them.

Last edited:
I got some from animed on Jack's Jane's recommendation. Very pleased with them.

Animed are OK, but when I needed something *urgent* and they were out of stock, they never told me. They just let me wait and wait until I finally rang and asked where my priority order was :lol:

I think with any of these places, they are OK if you allow plenty of time to get the meds, rather than relying on anything urgently.

Animed are OK, but when I needed something *urgent* and they were out of stock, they never told me. They just let me wait and wait until I finally rang and asked where my priority order was :lol:

Ah. I still had several weeks worth left in the old bottle and I guess metacam is probably something they keep plenty of stock of. One would hope so anyway!!

I have used VetUK a lot and never had a problem. If I want something in 2-3 days, they always deliver. Smaller packages come via the normal post (so that includes Saturdays) and bigger stuff via DPD, so you get a delivery time. I've never had prescription meds online, though, so can't recommend anyone specifically for that. It's worth checking on the courier as well as the price if you need something urgently.

Ah. I still had several weeks worth left in the old bottle and I guess metacam is probably something they keep plenty of stock of. One would hope so anyway!!

A couple of months ago VETUK's Facebook was inundated with irate customers who hadn't received urgent medication, food, or even an apology!

Perhaps they are back on track, but certainly a couple of other companies I have contacted believe they have been bought out.

A couple of months ago VETUK's Facebook was inundated with irate customers who hadn't received urgent medication, food, or even an apology!

Perhaps they are back on track, but certainly a couple of other companies I have contacted believe they have been bought out.

Yeah I heard about that that's why I used Animed instead :)

Last edited:
In fairness, VetUK were apologetic about the delays. But that doesn't really help much when you're waiting!

Sorry Max ! I know I am very needy lol I r ember now that I ordered food from vet uk a few months ago and had to cancel due to the delay also. Will maybe go with Amimed instead then. Thanks guys

I experienced the recent delays. It was unacceptable - in fact my rabbit sadly died (not due to lack of medication), whilst waiting for my order to arrive. I also think they company could have posted 1st class rather than 2nd class mail in view of the delay, so not impressed.

I experienced the recent delays. It was unacceptable - in fact my rabbit sadly died (not due to lack of medication), whilst waiting for my order to arrive. I also think they company could have posted 1st class rather than 2nd class mail in view of the delay, so not impressed.

Cara I'm sorry to hear about your rabbit :(

I never got an apology from them, and although they had my prescription on file, they said they hadn't. They never fulfilled my order and I claimed a refund in the end. Lots of others were doing the same, and their requests went unanswered.

Cara I'm sorry to hear about your rabbit :(

I never got an apology from them, and although they had my prescription on file, they said they hadn't. They never fulfilled my order and I claimed a refund in the end. Lots of others were doing the same, and their requests went unanswered.

Thank you MightyMax. You may recall Rosie was my senior bunny ~ she was 14 when we lost her over Easter.

Regarding VetUk, I have always said it is not always what went wrong, but how it is dealt with that counts and in that respect I was unimpressed. Previously I have not had a problem with this company.

Thank you MightyMax. You may recall Rosie was my senior bunny ~ she was 14 when we lost her over Easter.

Regarding VetUk, I have always said it is not always what went wrong, but how it is dealt with that counts and in that respect I was unimpressed. Previously I have not had a problem with this company.

Oh Rosie, yes. Your lovely senior lady :love: She must have been close to getting into the Guinness Book of Records

Back