Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Metacam from Vet UK - they ok ?

Mama Doe

Default Metacam from Vet UK - they ok ?

As I am probably going to need metacam long term my vet gave me a prescription for it. Vet UK appears to be the cheapest. Are they ok ?, Anyone used them ??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nickybunny1 View Post
    As I am probably going to need metacam long term my vet gave me a prescription for it. Vet UK appears to be the cheapest. Are they ok ?, Anyone used them ??
    I used to use them. Then they went majorly downhill and many many people never got their orders fulfilled. Me included - which was also a prescription. Their customer service was terrible and to be honest, I am never going to risk ordering from them again.

There may be a reason why they are the cheapest.

Mama Doe

Thanks Max . Who would u recommend?

I also used to use VetUK (although never tried them for prescription items). Then they got a new computer system (about a couple of months ago maybe?) and it all went wrong! No idea what they are like now. I'd use them again, but not for anything urgent.
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover bunnies xxx
    Bramble, Hazel and Molly guinea pigs

Default Metacam from Vet UK - they ok ?

I got some from Animed on Jack's Jane's recommendation. Very pleased with them.
    Last edited by Elena; 23-05-2016 at 02:32 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nickybunny1 View Post
    Thanks Max . Who would u recommend?
    Yes, I thought you would ask that .. racking brains to try and remember

Right - just had a search and it was www.medicines4pets.co.uk

They were very courteous on the phone, and very efficient. I would use them again. I also got Oxbow basics from them as Amazon was out of stock x

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Elena View Post
    I got some from animed on Jack's Jane's recommendation. Very pleased with them.
    Animed are OK, but when I needed something *urgent* and they were out of stock, they never told me. They just let me wait and wait until I finally rang and asked where my priority order was

I think with any of these places, they are OK if you allow plenty of time to get the meds, rather than relying on anything urgently.
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover bunnies xxx
    Bramble, Hazel and Molly guinea pigs

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Animed are OK, but when I needed something *urgent* and they were out of stock, they never told me. They just let me wait and wait until I finally rang and asked where my priority order was
    Ah. I still had several weeks worth left in the old bottle and I guess metacam is probably something they keep plenty of stock of. One would hope so anyway!!

Warren Veteran

I have used VetUK a lot and never had a problem. If I want something in 2-3 days, they always deliver. Smaller packages come via the normal post (so that includes Saturdays) and bigger stuff via DPD, so you get a delivery time. I've never had prescription meds online, though, so can't recommend anyone specifically for that. It's worth checking on the courier as well as the price if you need something urgently.