Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring Greens (Relating to a thread in Health)

Spring greens are generally the base of any veg dinner Milo gets and we've had no problem. We substituded for kale for a while and that did cause some trouble for him but we've never had a prob with spring greens x

Warren Scout

I feed Spring greens daily and both buns have recently had funny tummies, might try removing the spring greens, see how they go

Wise Old Thumper

I have had Rabbits who have had tummy pain after eating SGs. I think if you encounter a problem then it's better to avoid what you believe may be the cause. What numerous Rabbits may be 'fine' eating may not suit some other Rabbits x

For up-to-date information about RHD2
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1744958082388756/

To view reported cases of RHD2 and Vets reported to stock the RHD2 Vaccine

http://rhd2map.buntools.org.uk/

Shop Online and raise money for Animal Rescue + Care (ARC)

https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/home/giving-machine/

Quote Originally Posted by Pip&Milo View Post
    Spring greens are generally the base of any veg dinner Milo gets and we've had no problem. We substituded for kale for a while and that did cause some trouble for him but we've never had a prob with spring greens x

Yeah, seem to be well tolerated by loads of buns

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    I have had Rabbits who have had tummy pain after eating SGs. I think if you encounter a problem then it's better to avoid what you believe may be the cause. What numerous Rabbits may be 'fine' eating may not suit some other Rabbits x
    Well, there really are rabbits that can't stomach greens well, some that were never fed greens, or come from lines that didn't see any greens for generations, or for whatever reason, it can happen.

Normally though, it's more about how fast the greens are introduced, a period of 1-2 weeks is sometimes necessary to adjust. Slowly rise the dose, starting with a few leafs 2-3 times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Preitler View Post
    Well, there really are rabbits that can't stomach greens well, some that were never fed greens, or come from lines that didn't see any greens for generations, or for whatever reason, it can happen.

Normally though, it's more about how fast the greens are introduced, a period of 1-2 weeks is sometimes necessary to adjust. Slowly rise the dose, starting with a few leafs 2-3 times a day.
    One of my bridge bunnies, Boots, couldn't tolerate spring greens. One leaf set him off tummy pressing! Some forage also affected him the same way, but he was fine with broccoli, banana, pepper, strawberry leaves etc.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Wise Old Thumper

Fed spring greens to mine for nine years, no trouble.
    One out of the four, Matthew, couldn't take green beans. They were all happy on fine green beans instead.
    Buns tums. A mystery.

Mine are having a field day with fresh grass, clover, etc. Literally. They are out roaming in the evening and scarfing up all they can eat to the point that they don't want their usual evening salad.

Been a while since this thread has popped up

Since then, I've continued to offer spring greens and not had any issues x

**created by my DD Lionheadlop**

Warren Veteran

Always remember how small rabbits are. I wouldn't offer a rabbit a whole leaf.
    I give about 7 grams of spring greens per day.
    I always follow grass, greens and vegetables with a small number of pellets. I think pellets help settle a stomach but that's just a theory.

And always wash produce
    Tim