Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Spring Greens (Relating to a thread in Health)

  1. #11
    Warren Scout Pip&Milo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Spring greens are generally the base of any veg dinner Milo gets and we've had no problem. We substituded for kale for a while and that did cause some trouble for him but we've never had a prob with spring greens x

  2. #12

    Default

    I feed Spring greens daily and both buns have recently had funny tummies, might try removing the spring greens, see how they go

  3. #13
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    126,170

    Default

    I have had Rabbits who have had tummy pain after eating SGs. I think if you encounter a problem then it's better to avoid what you believe may be the cause. What numerous Rabbits may be 'fine' eating may not suit some other Rabbits x

  4. #14
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    26,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pip&Milo View Post
    Spring greens are generally the base of any veg dinner Milo gets and we've had no problem. We substituded for kale for a while and that did cause some trouble for him but we've never had a prob with spring greens x

    Yeah, seem to be well tolerated by loads of buns

  5. #15
    Young Bun Preitler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    I have had Rabbits who have had tummy pain after eating SGs. I think if you encounter a problem then it's better to avoid what you believe may be the cause. What numerous Rabbits may be 'fine' eating may not suit some other Rabbits x
    Well, there really are rabbits that can't stomach greens well, some that were never fed greens, or come from lines that didn't see any greens for generations, or for whatever reason, it can happen.

    Normally though, it's more about how fast the greens are introduced, a period of 1-2 weeks is sometimes necessary to adjust. Slowly rise the dose, starting with a few leafs 2-3 times a day.

  6. #16
    Forum Buddy Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    22,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Preitler View Post
    Well, there really are rabbits that can't stomach greens well, some that were never fed greens, or come from lines that didn't see any greens for generations, or for whatever reason, it can happen.

    Normally though, it's more about how fast the greens are introduced, a period of 1-2 weeks is sometimes necessary to adjust. Slowly rise the dose, starting with a few leafs 2-3 times a day.
    One of my bridge bunnies, Boots, couldn't tolerate spring greens. One leaf set him off tummy pressing! Some forage also affected him the same way, but he was fine with broccoli, banana, pepper, strawberry leaves etc.

    Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  7. #17
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    gone
    Posts
    41,260

    Default

    Fed spring greens to mine for nine years, no trouble.
    One out of the four, Matthew, couldn't take green beans. They were all happy on fine green beans instead.
    Buns tums. A mystery.

  8. #18

    Default

    Mine are having a field day with fresh grass, clover, etc. Literally. They are out roaming in the evening and scarfing up all they can eat to the point that they don't want their usual evening salad.

  9. #19

    Default

    Been a while since this thread has popped up

    Since then, I've continued to offer spring greens and not had any issues x

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •