• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Daisy - Pregnancy

Hi everyone,
I am hoping you can help me just joined this website!
when i bought my rabbit Daisy from a rescue home the said she was around one, and if that's true that means now she's about five or six.
We found a stillborn kit in her cage and she was licking it but it was definitely dead,and when i looked in her house she had made a little nest,so she had been preparing for a baby.Two days after she had another still born and i am worried about her. She has gotten very thin,but she still eats and she has not been her usual self can anyone help me out? do i take her to the vet?
thank you,

Hi everyone,
when i bought my rabbit Daisy from a rescue home the said she was around one, and if that's true that means now she's about five or six.
We found a stillborn kit in her cage and she was licking it but it was definitely dead,and when i looked in her house she had made a little nest,so she had been preparing for a baby.Two days after she had another still born and i am worried about her. She has gotten very thin,but she still eats and she has not been her usual self can anyone help me out? do i take her to the vet?
thank you,

Welcome to RU. I think you've posted in the wrong section, but I'd advise taking her to the vet if you are worried and she is off in herself.

Hi everyone,
thank you,

If you have had her since she was one and she is now five or six, then you will know if she has recently been with an unneutered male rabbit. If that male rabbit is still with her, he will impregnate her again and so you need to separate them.

Hi everyone,
thank you,

Welcome to RU :wave:

I'll flag this up and maybe the mods can move it to the right section :)

Hi everyone,
thank you,

Oh dear, poor Daisy :cry: As you may know, breeding from a Doe of her age is a monumental risk, especially if it were to be her first litter :cry:

I do hope that by now you have taken Daisy to a Vet as all that you have described thus far regarding her situation makes for very, very worrying reading :cry:

I see no benefit to Daisy in me listing all the potentially serious life threatening complications that her symptoms point to, the one and only thing you can do for her now is to get her to a Vet straight away.

I really hope that she will pull through .

I hope you have separated the boy off as he is obviously not neutered. I hope everything works out ok.

Hi everyone,
Thank you so much for all the help!
She's doing well, but taking her to the vet tomorrow just incase!
Thank you everyone again,
Isabella

I took her to the vet and they said she was very thin😞 They said if she stops eating and pooing we should probably take her to the vet to have her put down😢
But she carries in eating and pooing so that's great!
But she doesn't move a lot and one of her ears has been down for around 5 days.
Could she have had a mini stroke?
Thanks everyone,
Isabellab.k

Back