Page 82 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast

Thread: my foraging diary

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Silverweed definitely grows in the wild where Twigs lives That's where I got it and ID'd it. I'm not saying this is Silverweed - just that I found it on 'wild' land.

Yes, silverweed is definitely a low growing plant
    Definitely looks like silverweed to me. There's loads growing on our local woodland in the clearings. My buns will eat it but only after everything else so not a favourite.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by EyerollChamp View Post
    Thanks, I don't think it's Apple but don't know what it is. Yep it's the same. I can't find anything in my books either but they both grow everywhere around here. Puzzling.
    Have you compared pictures of Goat Willow to your leaves on the left?

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Really? Are you sure? I have never found Silverweed growing in the wild, but I always though it was a creeping, low-growing plant. I agree the leaves look similar, but it's not how I considered Silverweed to grow.
    I find it in the wild everywhere here. It's one of my very common finds. But yes, it is a low-growing plant, the leaves are so soft when cut. The picture looks like a leaf that has been cut for a short while to me.
    Twitter: @tlcwrites
    Owned by:

*Nyssa & Zara the cats*Aurora the horsefield's tortoise*Delta, Zeta, & Eta the guinea pigs*
    Never forgetting Nessarose, Archimedes, Lelantos, Galinda, Bee, Takumi, Apollo, and Iris

Hopping Mad - Bespoke timber homes and accessories for small pets.
    TLC's Home for Wayward Buns now has a Facebook Page! Feel free to like us for regular updates on them.

Mama Doe

been foraging today and found 3 things i need help with if anyone has any ideas xx[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Mama Doe

though number 1 looked like self heal but there something different about it

Quote Originally Posted by willow and squiggles View Post
    been foraging today and found 3 things i need help with if anyone has any ideas xx[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Number 1 is annoying me as I'm sure that's what I saw the other day... could it be black horehound? Though the leaves look a little sparse... it's the closest match in my books, though the leaves look more like red hemp-nettle.

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Have you compared pictures of Goat Willow to your leaves on the left?
    Thanks Omi, it has similarities but I'm not sure. I am not good at this!

Mama Doe

the leaves are lots thinner than horehound and hemp nettle so i dont think its them, i cant find it in my books either lol..

the leaves are lots thinner than horehound and hemp nettle so i dont think its them, i cant find it in my books either lol..
    Damn. If you sus it do let me know! Need more books lol

Wise Old Thumper

Gosh, these aren't readily identifiable either

No 1, I think is a Figwort of some sort. My first choice would be Betony from the books. If not, it's possibly a Woundwort, but it's not the Woundwort we get here (Hedge). Woundworts are fine for rabbits and I would "think" Betony is also OK, but I've never found it here, nor have I looked it up for rabbit-OKness.

No 2, is one of the Campion family and I think I've narrowed it down to Soapwort, although again I've never found it here. No idea if it's OK for rabbits. Campions are but, don't know about Soapworts.

No 3 - don't know. I'll have a think and a discussion with OH as he might know.