• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my foraging diary

No sorry, I don't know what that is:? The veins are unusually placed. I've looked at my usual ID books and can't see anything like it. Is it in your garden? How are the leaves arranged on the branches and what is the tree like? Has it got any fruits?

Some think its a type of lime tree, another dogwood, but I just cant find a concrete answer. It is in my front garden on the corner, Ive never seen fruits on it and it goes golden yellow and the leaves fall in winter.

8b6b313e27544bf985c9ed40f9273c0a.png

3ea4ec4bf63d4ff1b290f8678f3cc642.png

b28d3a6e280d4a17b8c188c4bf58663d.png

b3b44ed7027c4bc9857e2f1bb4110553.png

0fe85c600fa545f9ba5f7d13b252a88e.png

e8a24d4d0a084b93813f9271e2772daf.png

Yes, I used photobucket. Copied the link. Will give it another go. Sorry, I'm not great with technology!

Open the image on photobucket, click it an then copy IMAGE LOCATION

On here click the image button and paste the link into the box, then ok.. it will come up with URL bars either side. remember the edit your privacy so all can see your images, not private

Some think its a type of lime tree, another dogwood, but I just cant find a concrete answer. It is in my front garden on the corner, Ive never seen fruits on it and it goes golden yellow and the leaves fall in winter.

8b6b313e27544bf985c9ed40f9273c0a.png

3ea4ec4bf63d4ff1b290f8678f3cc642.png

b28d3a6e280d4a17b8c188c4bf58663d.png

b3b44ed7027c4bc9857e2f1bb4110553.png

0fe85c600fa545f9ba5f7d13b252a88e.png

e8a24d4d0a084b93813f9271e2772daf.png

Compare your tree with the information in this link https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/vi...british-trees/native-trees/small-leaved-lime/

I looked at Lime earlier, but discounted it because of the difference in the leaf veins. Perhaps that's not an important ID feature though, as some of yours on your later pics are slightly different. Have a look in particular in the section "Could be confused with" and check the hairs on the underside of the leaf.

flower_20160707_210743_small_zpsgvpayoa3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

How about now? If not where are privacy settings? Sorry. Feel silly :oops:

Were the flowers white and sweet-smelling? If so, I think it's a Philadelphus (Orange Blossom). But I'd be surprised to find it in the hedgerow. It's a garden shrub.

Compare your tree with the information in this link https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/vi...british-trees/native-trees/small-leaved-lime/

I looked at Lime earlier, but discounted it because of the difference in the leaf veins. Perhaps that's not an important ID feature though, as some of yours on your later pics are slightly different. Have a look in particular in the section "Could be confused with" and check the hairs on the underside of the leaf.

it is a lime omi, its the same as the lime ive got near me im not sure if its small leaf or large though, ive fed some to the buns xx

I can't seem to post images

upload your images to photobucket them click on the image, on the right under share this photo you click on the IMG box it will say copied, then click on the little insert image icon in the reply box (looks like a picture frame) right click in the URL box and when you post your reply it will show to us and you. xx hope this makes sense xxx

its totally safe, just feed at bit at first the same as introducing any new food x. going for some more forage to dry now. Its drying in no time at all in the garden.

W&S you're right about it being top drying weather - yesterdays trees are decidedly crispy. So I've got loads of geranium which I said I wouldn't as it takes too long. Also found Knapweed - anybody experience of drying that?

its brill to dry i got some yesterday and its dry today. i got loads more today and my raspberry leaves have already dried. Cant wait to go again tomorrow, although i nearly died with the heat, the sweat was dripping in my eyes :lol: My OH was laughing his head off on sunday because i went to pick my geraniums from where i always pick them and jumped back stamping my feet and shouting. Id only stood in an ants nest and they were all over me lol.. I left the geraniums where they was.

I found some knapweed as well today :) There wasn't a huge amount so I only took a little bit. I can remember where it was so hopefully a bit more will grow there soon.

Annoyingly they've been doing "maintenance" round my usual foraging haunt and a lot of the hedgerows, weeds and plants have been cut right back. Thank you very much Hackney Council :evil:

Back