• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my foraging diary

Ace- thank you Omi. I know what to google images of. Hopefully the buns will get to try some. It was fairly scarse

I just don't get the chance to see anything here :( I thought I had found some cow parsley yesterday and then decided it must be hemlock and went home to wash my hands :(:(:(

Yes the hemlock is more prevalent at the moment, the cow parsley tends to be earlier and then the hemlock takes over, certainly round here all the things of that ilk are hemlock. Sometimes the cow parsley comes back again a bit later in the season but as ever, if in doubt, leave it out, just as you did!

Yes the hemlock is more prevalent at the moment, the cow parsley tends to be earlier and then the hemlock takes over, certainly round here all the things of that ilk are hemlock. Sometimes the cow parsley comes back again a bit later in the season but as ever, if in doubt, leave it out, just as you did!

Thank you :D

its been really wet here also, im really struggling getting out there. im going tomorrow even if its raining. Ive been feeding the buns the greens and herbs from our garden that ive been growing. They really love the wild raspberry leaves so i will have to go and get loads of them tomorrow.

been on a big forage and got, raspberry, blackberry, hawthorn, vetch, rosebay willowherb, greater willowherb, herb robert, willow, rose,vetch,bindweed and poplar. i thought i would make up for not going in a while.
DSCN0778_zpsaegbxfts.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0779_zpsrsckbxe3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0781_zpsrc61zfie.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0780_zps3pr9wblv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ohhhh, lush collection.

Is the poplar centre of 2nd photo with hawthorn to the side & vetch at bottom?. I don't know poplar but the leaves look suspiciously similar the massive tree at the bottom of my garden

on the 3rd photo the poplar is in the very left corner with hawthorn to the right and rose underneath it. If that makes sense lol.. the leaves are quite small and a triangular shape. the big ovalish leaves in the center and right of the rose in the same photo, are willow, goat i think.

thanks omi i feel better for going now, all the bees and bugs are taking a little bit of the enjoyment out of it lol.. Ive got a really big phobia of bees and wasps and i was forever dropping my bag and running away screaming. I got some right funny looks today :lol:

thank you so much W&S. I have had my eye on Poplars for a while but no idea what they might be called:lol: How is it for drying?

Would people be so kind as to share their thoughts (I know I'm forage needy & obsessed - its one of my charms right ;):lol:)
I meant Poplar not Alder !!!
ru_zpssmfbs3sj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Ahhhh ace pics J&B Wildies :love:

W&S what is the long stems with pink on top? I picked some today thinking it's OK :thumb:

Thanks W+S. The bunnies winter stash will be really varied & thats partly down to your input

Kara. Ouchy? Are you up to date with your tetanus? Jealous of the camomile. Do they love it?

Back