Page 217 of 218 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2172

Thread: my foraging diary

the thing is looks closest to in my collins wild flower book is (poisonous) Swallow wort

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    the thing is looks closest to in my collins wild flower book is (poisonous) Swallow wort
    I had to look Swallow Wort up as I'd never heard of it I found it in my Collins too. It doesn't appear at all in my other flower book though. It does look similar I agree. The leaves on your specimen look thinner and more elongated from what I can see though. Also Collins says flowering June-September. Is yours hairy?

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    I had to look Swallow Wort up as I'd never heard of it I found it in my Collins too. It doesn't appear at all in my other flower book though. It does look similar I agree. The leaves on your specimen look thinner and more elongated from what I can see though. Also Collins says flowering June-September. Is yours hairy?

I don't know - binned it when read it was toxic

BTW the downstairs fussy buns don't like red campion

New Kit

When I dog walk I usually collect fresh grass, dandelion, plantain, bramberry and raspberry leaves, and Hazel leaves, also I believe rosebay willow herb can be eaten by bunnies..anybody?

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Floppylop View Post
    When I dog walk I usually collect fresh grass, dandelion, plantain, bramberry and raspberry leaves, and Hazel leaves, also I believe rosebay willow herb can be eaten by bunnies..anybody?
    Hello, welcome to the forum and also to the foraging thread

Yes, rabbits can eat and usually like any of the Willowherbs.

New Kit

I just planted some Hawthorn and Hazel saplings in the garden for future food supplies. Bought them from the Woodland Trust. Not too expensive (and a good cause) but then walked past some Hazel yesterday in the countryside I could've dug up for free!

Quote Originally Posted by RLO View Post
    I just planted some Hawthorn and Hazel saplings in the garden for future food supplies. Bought them from the Woodland Trust. Not too expensive (and a good cause) but then walked past some Hazel yesterday in the countryside I could've dug up for free!
    ahh well, as you say its supporting a good cause. Technically I think you're allowed to gather leaves & plants (forage) but not uproot them anyway

New Kit

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    ahh well, as you say its supporting a good cause. Technically I think you're allowed to gather leaves & plants (forage) but not uproot them anyway
    Of course, tempting as it is we need to protect our countryside and we were always taught not to pick flowers. Not that I'm generally tempted except for the occasional Dandelion flower for the buns.

New Kit

Default who ate all the grass?

Last edited by RLO; 27-05-2020 at 11:28 PM. Reason: photos won't show

Quote Originally Posted by RLO View Post

Here’s a tutorial on posting photos http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...to-Post-Photos

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx