Page 212 of 218 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2173

Thread: my foraging diary

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Yes, it could be You'd be able to tell if it is, because it will smell of aniseed if you crush it and also if you look how it comes out of the base, it should look as though all the stems come from a single source.

Still pretty sure it's not Yarrow, as the leaves are different.
    Ok thanks both of you! Will take a look tomorrow, it's sprouted up from nowhere all over my front garden but I didn't plant it so just wanted to see if it was edible before weeding.

Doesn’t smell like aniseed but here is a closed up view if anyone has any idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by nap91 View Post

Doesn’t smell like aniseed but here is a closed up view if anyone has any idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the additional photo. I'm afraid I still don't know what it is. It's not a plant that I recognise and I've been through my wild flower fieldguide and can't see anything resembling it.

If I were you I would leave one or two plants to allow them to flower, which should make it a bit easier.

Thanks for the additional photo. I'm afraid I still don't know what it is. It's not a plant that I recognise and I've been through my wild flower fieldguide and can't see anything resembling it.

If I were you I would leave one or two plants to allow them to flower, which should make it a bit easier.

Ok will leave the weeding in the front garden for a little longer I noticed today that there are loads in next door's garden so I'm guessing it's come from there. Unfortunately won't be able to knock and ask due to current circumstances though!

Thanks for looking it up though, appreciate your help!

it reminds me of horses tails (certainly seems to grow like them) but they don't look right

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    it reminds me of horses tails (certainly seems to grow like them) but they don't look right
    I agree

I may have spotted red campion today. Some of its flowers were pink but some blue!

Went foraging with Bobert. Found young Meadowsweet. Only discovered that last year so nice surprise as thought it wouldn't come out til much later. Also found some young reed grass which was Rudeys fave last year

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    I may have spotted red campion today. Some of its flowers were pink but some blue!

Went foraging with Bobert. Found young Meadowsweet. Only discovered that last year so nice surprise as thought it wouldn't come out til much later. Also found some young reed grass which was Rudeys fave last year
    Red Campion never has blue flowers. You should have taken a pic. We've got Meadowsweet in the garden, but only leaves atm. Did yours have flowers?

Red Campion never has blue flowers. You should have taken a pic. We've got Meadowsweet in the garden, but only leaves atm. Did yours have flowers?
    I never have pic taking stuff with me! It was viewed from stationary car but not anywhere I'd forage as quite trafficky .

Meadowsweet just tiny leaves so far

We've been out in the garden the past 2 days and the bunnies 'joined us' on the lawn and enjoyed safe pruning i.e honeysuckle, deadnettle, blackcurrant. Today they got dug up dandelions and ate the lot The docks I dug up were young but I erred on the side of caution and binned them. Matt acquired mallow (shub) willow and hawthorn for them
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.