Page 163 of 218 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2173

Thread: my foraging diary

  1. #1621
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    18,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    Today's haul:
    Apple leafs
    Hawthorn
    Hazel
    Broad leaf plantain

    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    That's good going The Broadleaf Plantain looks very good. Is the Hazel in the middle of the table on the first pic?

  2. #1622
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    18,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nap91 View Post
    Well they both nommed it straight away so think it must have been brambles!

    It really is. I love seeing them so happy. Plus Iíve just worked out if I can regularly forage and dry it out for winter too, I could save myself £20 a month as they are predominantly on a hay and forage diet at the moment.

    How does everyone on here dry their forage out?
    I think joey&boo has some pics of her drying methods on this thread. If not, she'll probably see this and respond. I don't dry any forage.

  3. #1623
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14,062

    Default

    I really wanna get into foraging... But I'm so scared I'll make a mistake everything you guys bring back looks wonderful though

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  4. #1624
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    44,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    I really wanna get into foraging... But I'm so scared I'll make a mistake everything you guys bring back looks wonderful though

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

    When I come over we can have a look around and see what there is.
    I'm no expert, but I got six large buckets full for the rabbits today

  5. #1625
    Warren Veteran loobers25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    5,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    That's good going The Broadleaf Plantain looks very good. Is the Hazel in the middle of the table on the first pic?
    Yes, defo hazel had the white nuts sane as yesterday's find I sent you

    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

    "Dennis gonna make the volvic bottle pop, I`ma eat the carrot top, show em` how to make em hop baby" Words and lyrics by 50 cent - 2003

  6. #1626
    Warren Veteran loobers25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    5,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    I really wanna get into foraging... But I'm so scared I'll make a mistake everything you guys bring back looks wonderful though

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
    Come on Gracie join the foraging fun

    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

    "Dennis gonna make the volvic bottle pop, I`ma eat the carrot top, show em` how to make em hop baby" Words and lyrics by 50 cent - 2003

  7. #1627
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    When I come over we can have a look around and see what there is.
    I'm no expert, but I got six large buckets full for the rabbits today
    Ah that would be amazing

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  8. #1628
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    Come on Gracie join the foraging fun

    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    Yea I might go have a look around, I've been identify sloe bushes in the country park so I can pick stuff after they're gone, thumps, said a while ago that they may be good for Atticus

    Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

  9. #1629
    Warren Veteran loobers25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    5,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nap91 View Post
    Well they both nommed it straight away so think it must have been brambles!

    It really is. I love seeing them so happy. Plus Iíve just worked out if I can regularly forage and dry it out for winter too, I could save myself £20 a month as they are predominantly on a hay and forage diet at the moment.

    How does everyone on here dry their forage out?
    I just kind of spread mine about. I use vases to dry stuff and I also have a dehydrator. Hawthorn goes crispy over night on the table

    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

    "Dennis gonna make the volvic bottle pop, I`ma eat the carrot top, show em` how to make em hop baby" Words and lyrics by 50 cent - 2003

  10. #1630
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    18,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    Yes, defo hazel had the white nuts sane as yesterday's find I sent you

    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    Wonderful

    I wasn't by the way thinking that you had made a mistake in your ID. I like to look at people's pics to try to identify what's what and I just wanted to be sure that I'd found the Hazel in your pics. It's super that you're finding so many Hazelnuts btw as Squirrels are very fond of them. There are not many left in the hedgerows around here.

    So in a few short weeks you've become quite confident in several species - must be more than 10 now This is coming into the more difficult time of the year to identify things as well. Spring will be much easier and just think of the amount you'll be collecting in 6 months' time!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •