• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my foraging diary

I wish I wish I wish I had space to dry stuff, I might try with the bramble leaves in the airing cupboard?!

Bramble leaves dry out well in the oven. In fan oven about 80dc for 5 mins.
Same for nettles and rose petals

I can't dry out in my airing cupboard as not enough space so have to use the oven for a lot of it.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Bramble leaves dry out well in the oven. In fan oven about 80dc for 5 mins.
Same for nettles and rose petals

I can't dry out in my airing cupboard as not enough space so have to use the oven for a lot of it.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

not recommended for cow parsley though ;) I have Herb Robert drying around the house - stinky!! :lol:

Rightio, Willow & Squiggles, got one with catkins in :lol:
13323218_10154271373471742_5676568650190904934_o.jpg

13308466_10154271373611742_1458496585216664651_o.jpg

And ID help please!
13320451_10154271373466742_2418529368586195246_o.jpg

13315729_10154271373491742_473783795694635855_n.jpg

That's really really kind of you :D

I will get the buns to say a special thank you x

It will be a pleasure - it's more fun than my usual parcel sending. I like when they ask what's in the box at the P.O. I sent Camp Nibble some fresh forage for breakfast this week & I said "leaves" She says what do you mean, I says "hawthorn, rose, plantain, blackthorn, vetch, ground elder, sticky weed, raspberry, bramble & dandelions" I got this response:roll: It seems not everyones interest in forage is equal :lol:

It will be a pleasure - it's more fun than my usual parcel sending. I like when they ask what's in the box at the P.O. I sent Camp Nibble some fresh forage for breakfast this week & I said "leaves" She says what do you mean, I says "hawthorn, rose, plantain, blackthorn, vetch, ground elder, sticky weed, raspberry, bramble & dandelions" I got this response:roll: It seems not everyones interest in forage is equal :lol:

Some people just don't know what they're missing :lol:

Kara - check your leaves against some online ID guides. I think they might be Beech, not Hazel. Hazel leaves are rounder and duller.

Ohhh, mine are eating what I've probably wrongly identified as beech & hazel as I type..off to do photobucket upload in the hope someone can help with ID. I believe they are both safe anyway

It does sound like quite a wonderful and varied box :) I bet the Nibble Buns were delighted!

I am such a forage numpty. I'm really glad of this thread, but it's taking me a while to absorb all the info.

I see this thread has had lost 5,000 views. Such a great idea :thumb:

Back