Page 131 of 180 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1797

Thread: my foraging diary

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Who is still foraging. I had a lovely beckside walk today, kicking through the leaves. It smelt of autumn.

Found loads of new growth hogweed, geranium & the usual dandelion, plantain. Trees are pretty much bare now. Got ambushed as soon as I got home, they have fine noses my bunnies

Still getting loads from my garden - especially nasturtium, plantain, rosemary, buddleia, rowan, rose leaves, blackcurrant leaves, strawberry leaves, lemon balm, mint, pear and apple leaves.

I top up with cow parsley, dead nettle, plantain and geraniums from wild (I am not letting the buns have my geraniums just yet )..

Quote Originally Posted by Horace the Bold View Post
    Did a little yesterday which was the first time for a couple of weeks.
    Blackberry, willow, apple, plantain, dandelion and cow parsley

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    I so wish I had cow parsley confidence

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Still getting loads from my garden - especially nasturtium, plantain, rosemary, buddleia, rowan, rose leaves, blackcurrant leaves, strawberry leaves, lemon balm, mint, pear and apple leaves.

I top up with cow parsley, dead nettle, plantain and geraniums from wild (I am not letting the buns have my geraniums just yet )..
    that's a right good garden feed. You have lucky buns

that's a right good garden feed. You have lucky buns

Yes it's great to just go out the door and pick it all. I reckon I'm the lucky one

I so wish I had cow parsley confidence

Someone I know said cow parsley was poisonous to humans, but that can't be so?

I have tried it when I want to be sure it's CP and not hemlock and I am still here? (although having had threats, I guess that's not a popular sentiment with everyone!)

Foraging in November - brrrrrrr! Glad I did though. Didn't get loads but a a few dandelions, brambles, hogweed & apple branch are very much appreciated

Foraging in November - brrrrrrr! Glad I did though. Didn't get loads but a a few dandelions, brambles, hogweed & apple branch are very much appreciated

Yes I went foraging too! Brambles, dead nettle, rowan, cow parsley, plantain and dandies.

My it was cold

Must be one of the very rare occasions when coming back into my (unheated) house felt positively balmy

Wise Old Thumper

Well done both of you It was horribly cold and windy here yesterday, so Tethra had to make do with a large pile of Apple leaves. I hardly went out He has also got a large Ash branch to strip

I can still find Cow Parsley, Hogweed, Smooth Sow Thistle, Ground Elder, Red Deadnettle, Dandelions and Plantain, although they are mostly all looking a bit sickly. From the garden he still has Geranium, Apple, Alder and Rose leaves (even had some Rose petals yesterday) plus some Parsley, Dill and Coriander.

This show the north / south thing quite well - our Rowan died ages ago & no apple / pear trees have any leaves. I can still raid the wild geranium I reckon if I can be bothered to walk there

Aww, Tethra eating rose petals

Buns are now eating anything remotely green Aboleth's back at the box, both attacked the peony (we've now moved the pen sides so they couldn't reach them ) and they both were tentaviely eating the tayberry which they usually avoid, and currant leaves have been going down well too
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.