• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my foraging diary

This morning I got Bob to drop me where I used to live as I had insatiable urge to check how things are developing on MY distant foraging territory. Started 9am, got home 12:45. I am pooped. Everything is coming along really nicely now. New to this season (for my bunnies) raspberry, baby brambles & weeping willow

Dedicated forager :love:

Whats this please?

Pz9FQsVl.jpg

JnBtW29l.jpg

I agree :lol: :lol: though not as dedicated as last winter

I think you deserve a balloon as well J&B!

I discovered a new foraging spot the other day. It's a wooded area, kind of hidden away behind some hedgerows which is why I didn't spot it earlier. Judging by some of the twig and branch arrangements it has a bit of a Blair witch vibe. But I don't care about that as it is an absolute gold mine for hawthorn, hogweed, cow parsley and herb robert.

I think you deserve a balloon as well J&B!

I discovered a new foraging spot the other day. It's a wooded area, kind of hidden away behind some hedgerows which is why I didn't spot it earlier. Judging by some of the twig and branch arrangements it has a bit of a Blair witch vibe. But I don't care about that as it is an absolute gold mine for hawthorn, hogweed, cow parsley and herb robert.

ahhh the joy of a newly discovered patch.

I do deserve a balloon (well the sentiment behind it, I don't like balloons). The buns did surpass themselves on m.day with a beautiful bouquet & a bar of Tony Lonelys choc off each of them. Mouse now likes me to break my ankles grooming her several times a day- I guess thats reward enough by bunny standards

Hi everyone. I've been gone for quite a while but it's lovely to see my foraging thread still going. I went foraging Tuesday and I'm going again later. Tuesday was the first batch since winter for the buns and pigs. It was great to see them all going wild. I don't see half the excitement from shop bought veg.
I also started a bunny garden patch last year so I'm going to carry on with that. There is only herb Robert and dandelions at the minute growing.

Hi everyone. I've been gone for quite a while but it's lovely to see my foraging thread still going. I went foraging Tuesday and I'm going again later. Tuesday was the first batch since winter for the buns and pigs. It was great to see them all going wild. I don't see half the excitement from shop bought veg.
I also started a bunny garden patch last year so I'm going to carry on with that. There is only herb Robert and dandelions at the minute growing.

Welcome back to your thread :)

How are you? After having been gone for so long, I'm afraid we need an update. What bunnies and piggies have you got? Herb Robert is massively popular here.

Thanks omi. The buns I have blue and fleur the giants. Squiggles and buttons. Pixie, prinny, echo + esme. Daisy, Digby + devon. Sadly lost willow and pepe. The piggies are, squeak, blossom, bliss + nalla. Bubble + brock. Ozzy + quinn. Comet + pippin. Harvey pud (dog) and storm the cat. It's never dull or quiet in our house and I'm always doing something. Especially with fleur (conti) being fully blind and Harvey fully blind. They some how manage not to bang into each other lol..

Last edited:
They can eat Herb Robert?

My mother in law seems to have a whole garden of it,I shall send hubby round to do some weeding [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Aww its nice to see you back W&S & to hear updates about your four legged family. Boobly is blind now too. Bumps in to absolutely everything though.

Haven't we done a grand job of keeping your thread alive? I love this thread :love:

You have all done amazing. I've read back from when I was last on and was cheering when you foraged the cow parsley lol.. Fleur went blind at 18 months old. I went to bed at 12am one night, got up and one of her eyes were white. I took her straight to the vet and he said she was totally blind in that eye and the other one would go the same because his light wasn't reaching the back of her eye. She went blind in the other eye overnight 3 weeks later.
She is amazing she gets up and down stairs and even goes in and out the garden on her own. You wouldn't think she's blind apart from her white eyes.
Awww boobly, I'm sure he is still happy especially with being spoiled with all your foraging.
It's so glad to be back, I will try and get photos tomorrow.

Wow going blind so fast. What a shock. Frosty has green looking eyes and I think he may be blind too.

Glad Fleur is cooing so well with her sight loss. Rabbits are amazing.

Thanks tulsi. Yeah the vets were shocked. Her eyes look like they are filled with white stuff like calcium. I don't know if this photo shows it if you click on it.
IMG-20210327-162127.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I've known what this plant is but I cannot remember what it is and It's been bugging me all day. It's got a grooved stem like cow parsley but I know it's not that can any one OF it please.
IMG-20210331-175141.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
IMG-20210331-175315.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
IMG-20210331-175220.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
IMG-20210331-175232.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I've no idea W+S, we need Omi

I got baby meadowsweet for the first time today. In fact a lot was teeny tiny bits of plants that are just poking through - hogweed, sticky bud & rose

I think it could be yellow corydalis but still not sure. I've got today small bramble, hogweed, cos parsley, herb bennet, dandelion, hawthorn, and geraniums. I'm sure I saw meadowsweet today. I'm going to bring some home tomorrow.
I'm trying to IF some new plants this year lol..

I've no idea W+S, we need Omi

I got baby meadowsweet for the first time today. In fact a lot was teeny tiny bits of plants that are just poking through - hogweed, sticky bud & rose

I'm afraid I don't know either :) I'm pretty sure it's not Yellow Corydalis, as we've got that in the garden and I don't think the leaves are arranged like that. It should be easy enough as the leaflets are alternate and not opposite, which should narrow it down.

Back