Page 111 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1264

Thread: my foraging diary

  1. #1101

    Default

    Hi everyone! Read this thread from beginning and end!! Haha. Also Google searched so so much. But I wondered if I could ask for some help with identification. I *think* I have found hawthorn but I don't trust myself. I know it's prob difficult as its still a bit early and not many leaves but I will post the photos and any help would be appreciated :-)

    Sorry if the photos are terrible!!










    Also anyone know what this might be? Is it a type of willow?




    Thanks in advance :-)

  2. #1102

    Default

    The top one does look like hawthorn just coming into leaf, the second one is pussy willow

  3. #1103
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    27,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lavinia View Post
    Hi everyone! Read this thread from beginning and end!! Haha. Also Google searched so so much. But I wondered if I could ask for some help with identification. I *think* I have found hawthorn but I don't trust myself. I know it's prob difficult as its still a bit early and not many leaves but I will post the photos and any help would be appreciated :-)

    Sorry if the photos are terrible!!










    Also anyone know what this might be? Is it a type of willow?




    Thanks in advance :-)


    Hi Lavinia!

    Your photos are good, and the top ones are indeed hawthorn

    Lucky you having such a stash nearby! My bunnies are jealous

  4. #1104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orangediva View Post
    The top one does look like hawthorn just coming into leaf, the second one is pussy willow
    Thank you so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Hi Lavinia!

    Your photos are good, and the top ones are indeed hawthorn

    Lucky you having such a stash nearby! My bunnies are jealous
    Hi! Thanks. We have absolutely loads and loads of hawthorn then just around the corner as there are maybe hundreds of them as hedgerows here. Never even thought about foraging before. Hopefully they will enjoy it. I think I read that they can't eat the flowers and any berries, is that right?

  5. #1105
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    27,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lavinia View Post
    Thank you so much!

    Hi! Thanks. We have absolutely loads and loads of hawthorn then just around the corner as there are maybe hundreds of them as hedgerows here. Never even thought about foraging before. Hopefully they will enjoy it. I think I read that they can't eat the flowers and any berries, is that right?

    They can eat the flowers, but not the berries

  6. #1106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    They can eat the flowers, but not the berries
    Ah thank you :-) off out to get a couple of branches to see if they will eat it.

  7. #1107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    They can eat the flowers, but not the berries
    Ah thank you :-) off out to get a couple of branches to see if they will eat it.

  8. #1108
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    27,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lavinia View Post
    Ah thank you :-) off out to get a couple of branches to see if they will eat it.

    They will be nice and tender

    Let me know what they make of them!

  9. #1109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    They will be nice and tender

    Let me know what they make of them!
    Coco the dustbin bin is nomming the hawthorn. Binky eyed it and left it!!

  10. #1110
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    27,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lavinia View Post
    Coco the dustbin bin is nomming the hawthorn. Binky eyed it and left it!!

    Maybe Binky will come back to it. But by then of course, it may be too late

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •