• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my foraging diary

Well the bulk foraging for winter rations got very stinky. What is that smell plants give off as they die / dry? It was a bit much. Made use of rare sunshine this afternoon to dry it all off outside & ended up with 3 shopping bags (the big hardy ones) . If only there was space to store it in my bunny store cupboard- there is floor space so once dried I think I'll move it to old timothy hay sacks & aim to fill 2 this summer

And then Boobly gets in there and your back to square one!

that's happened more times than not

This lot is safe though, a trio of grumpy cat bags filled with a nice array of dried forage. Its not its final destination but safe & not too offensive as intermediary measure

04g3uzzl.jpg

I have found a load of bindweed that’s growing round all the brambles. Double whammy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My parents have exactly that style of wardrobe, but a different layout if that makes sense :D Me and Mum repainted it in the late 90s (remember Changing Rooms?) a lovely shade of chestnut!

Ours have decided the raspberry from the footpath in front of the house (literally growing out of the base of our wall into the path) isn't good enough anymore :lol:

Had a nice walk to wycoller today. Got loads of silverweed, vetch & plantain for drying. Mousey has a fresh forage carpet for the evening too

Had a nice walk to wycoller today. Got loads of silverweed, vetch & plantain for drying. Mousey has a fresh forage carpet for the evening too

You've done well. There's not a lot of leaves here presumably because of the extreme temperatures with no rain. Hopefully it will improve now that we've had rain.

You've done well. There's not a lot of leaves here presumably because of the extreme temperatures with no rain. Hopefully it will improve now that we've had rain.

Its rare we have enough sun to affect the forage in rainy Lancs though it did the summer of 2018. Back then the earth was so dry I accidentally uprooted plantain & geranium - they are now flourishing in my garden . I got lots of knapweed too. I like it cos it dries really easy & looks pretty in the process. If only the rabbits liked it :lol:

any idea what this is? I'm not expecting it to be safe with its trumpety flowers, just curious as its everywhere

e1GjpvRl.jpg

check out my forage haul, it is mostly plantain. There was an unbelievable amount

fkfpLCRl.jpg

Hay experts sell 1k of plantain for £20. If I didn't live in scummy infected Pendle I could make myself some money

Back