• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my foraging diary

Ok so he says he had arum Lily and wild garlic for tea. He says in Iran (where he is from) they cook them before they eat them? I said I would lend him my herb forage book

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Wild Garlic is fine, but I wouldn't eat wild Arum Lily, even if it's cooked.

I've never fed it and have always considered it not suitable. However, I was surprised to see this from the RWAF https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/forage-friday-burdoch-and-coltsfoot/ The seedheads are dreadful to try to get off clothing and/or out of your hair!

I won't go in to why you're rolling in seed heads! Its very mixed results online. Mmmm. i'm not the most cautious of foragers. I expect i need to feed with dandelions . I'll let you know how it goes down

[/B]

I won't go in to why you're rolling in seed heads! Its very mixed results online. Mmmm. i'm not the most cautious of foragers. I expect i need to feed with dandelions . I'll let you know how it goes down

Haha, no rolling required :lol: The plants grow as tall as me here and you only have to brush up against them.

Breaking news - Syrup Sponge Cake ate budleia. She actually snatched it from me too. Dennis doddery turnt his back on me on shame

Breaking news - Syrup Sponge Cake ate budleia. She actually snatched it from me too. Dennis doddery turnt his back on me on shame

she needs to go in the naughty corner with rude boy. Are you sure she didn't snatch it & deposit somewhere?

Setting off for a big forage, got as far as the community garden at the bottom of the road to find someone clearing all the vegetable beds. Filled a big bag, mainly with strawberry leaves but also some rose, borage & tarragon that has gone to seed. Anybun know if tarragon is ok for rabbits?

Setting off for a big forage, got as far as the community garden at the bottom of the road to find someone clearing all the vegetable beds. Filled a big bag, mainly with strawberry leaves but also some rose, borage & tarragon that has gone to seed. Anybun know if tarragon is ok for rabbits?[/QUOTE]

I've never fed it, but it's OK. https://kanin.org/rabbits_safe_herbs

thanks Omi . may as well give a try.

the bulk can go in my current timothy sack of dried forage - have vases around the house drying knapweed & golden rod - the things they love most - not :lol:

not exactly forage but does anyone know what the daisy looking plant is & is it bunny kosher? Nobun has ever paid it any attention but Rudey snaffled a bit the other day & is hell bent on trying to get more. I can easily pop it out of his reach but was just curious.

JvR7b2Gm.jpg

not exactly forage but does anyone know what the daisy looking plant is & is it bunny kosher? Nobun has ever paid it any attention but Rudey snaffled a bit the other day & is hell bent on trying to get more. I can easily pop it out of his reach but was just curious.

JvR7b2Gm.jpg
[/IMG]
Is it a marguerite?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I would like to take this opportunity to announce that I am currently attempting to grow some forage myself! I'm growing it in pots on the windowsills.

I'm starting off with dandelion, plantain and Timothy grass. I sowed the plantain and dandelion a week ago and I'm excited to say I have green shoots for both and they're growing! I sowed the grass on Saturday, nothing's come through yet, although when I checked online it did say it takes about 7 to 14 days for timothy grass.

This could go either way really. I have successfully grown herbs from seed in the past but I also had a terrible knack for killing off every house plant I ever owned.

In the meantime I'm going to carry on clucking over my pots like an obsessed mother hen.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Back