Page 253 of 253 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253
Results 2,521 to 2,527 of 2527

Thread: my foraging diary

That's a really nice-looking pile of branches! Lucky bunnies!
    (Pronouns: he or they)

Wise Old Thumper

Superhaul of branches, j&b Will the leaves separate from the branches when they're dry? Do you routinely carry secateurs in your pocket?

Tui has just got a pile of Hawthorn hedge prunings from yesterday. Going down well.

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Superhaul of branches, j&b Will the leaves separate from the branches when they're dry? Do you routinely carry secateurs in your pocket?
    Matt carries secateurs and gloves on every walk, and in his backpack (which goes most places with him) as well as a folding pruning saw (backpack only or specil occasions, like when a willow branch needs felling). Most of his forage is branch-based because it's his head height!
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

I tried to forage this afternoon - was planning to mainly get Ash but concerned I might have accidentally got some Elder. is tree Elder toxic to buns - I know they can eat ground elder? Its a confusing one to google so if anyone knows that would be great

I saw a field full of the most gorgeous caramel & chocolate coloured cows Didn't have camera or phone so need to return for pics

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    I tried to forage this afternoon - was planning to mainly get Ash but concerned I might have accidentally got some Elder. is tree Elder toxic to buns - I know they can eat ground elder? Its a confusing one to google so if anyone knows that would be great

I saw a field full of the most gorgeous caramel & chocolate coloured cows Didn't have camera or phone so need to return for pics
    I have always deliberately not fed Elder, thinking it was toxic. Looking at Medirabbit site, they list it as European Elder and it's on their toxic list. http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_dise...Tox/Tox_en.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    I have always deliberately not fed Elder, thinking it was toxic. Looking at Medirabbit site, they list it as European Elder and it's on their toxic list. http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_dise...Tox/Tox_en.htm
    thanks Omi - I kinda expected that but v grateful for your knowledge

If it's any consolation, ours have never tried to eat tree elder when it's been anywhere near them
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.