Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132
Results 1,311 to 1,315 of 1315

Thread: my foraging diary

Warren Veteran

I think the foraging season is almost officially ended in Tethra's part of the world. There's the odd fragile Cow Parsley stem, a small amount of Hogweed and some Common Mallow and that's it, apart from Bramble leaves of course. He also had the very last Apple leaf yesterday. I don't think he realised the significance of this, when I told him

Also not foraging, but I was extremely joyful to find some Methi in my local Asda I carefully picked the freshest looking bunch and hurried home to my boy with it. And d'ya know what.....he refused it

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    I think the foraging season is almost officially ended in Tethra's part of the world. There's the odd fragile Cow Parsley stem, a small amount of Hogweed and some Common Mallow and that's it, apart from Bramble leaves of course. He also had the very last Apple leaf yesterday. I don't think he realised the significance of this, when I told him

Also not foraging, but I was extremely joyful to find some Methi in my local Asda I carefully picked the freshest looking bunch and hurried home to my boy with it. And d'ya know what.....he refused it

whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? He needs a woman in his life to tell him what to do, think & like My bunnies have never had fresh - didn't think to check the place where I work but I will now

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    [/B]

whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? He needs a woman in his life to tell him what to do, think & like My bunnies have never had fresh - didn't think to check the place where I work but I will now
    I was really shocked, because I know he likes the flavour of fenugreek. I'm now wondering if this refusal is going to be the reaction to anything new, that hasn't previously been approved by Yan and Tan Thank goodness the range of family approved foods was vast.

Yes, I agree, however a new woman in his life might also be incredibly picky I'll have to add it to my list of criteria for new rabbit(s), that they must have eclectic tastes in food

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post

Loads of cow parsley (seems fresh springing?) here, and dead nettle. Also young cleavers and rose leaves aplenty. I am also trimming my geraniums now, as they are almost finished flowering, and the nasturtiums are probably coming to the end of their useful life.

Interesting re the methi ... Mine will not touch anything with fenugreek powder in, but will scoff up methi

We've a big mallow bush (it was so diddy 2yrs ago!) we're trimming down. The rabbits have got to the stage where no stick is safe: brambles are chewed to small pieces of white, mallow disappears and everything up to a full centimetre across of willow also goes. In summer, they might have chew of a bramble stick but there's usually a substantial amount left. Now, they know there's not much else about! Even the grass was relatively untouched when we had them out on Saturday!
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.