Page 152 of 181 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1803

Thread: my foraging diary

What do you do when encountered by members of the general public?

Yesterday a bloke with his dog stopped us to ask "what survey are you doing then" I panicked and said one for the council thinking he would buger off. He then said "what kind of survey?" I said different plants and trees. He replied "what plants and trees" I picked up the stuff, slowly walked round the corner and legged it leaving the nosey parker watching us scurry off.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Bam & Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    there is no greater gift than the gift of forage knowledge. Toby must be very proud of his mommy

ETA I think this is Syrupiness though. I'm sure they are all proud
    Tis sponge cakey syrupness.

Anything fresh is yet to pass Tobys furry lips

Bam & Charlie

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    What do you do when encountered by members of the general public?

Yesterday a bloke with his dog stopped us to ask "what survey are you doing then" I panicked and said one for the council thinking he would buger off. He then said "what kind of survey?" I said different plants and trees. He replied "what plants and trees" I picked up the stuff, slowly walked round the corner and legged it leaving the nosey parker watching us scurry off.

Sorry, this made me laugh

I've never encountered any people. I've often wondered what I'd say if anyone asked what I was doing every evening using secateurs to chop down Hawthorn, Maple and Hazel from the hedges either side of my house. My go to answer atm is that I use them for flower arranging.
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    Tis sponge cakey syrupness.

Anything fresh is yet to pass Tobys furry lips

Not even Hawthorn ?
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans

I just tell people that I am foraging for my rabbits and picking grass for my guinea pigs. Quite a lot of people tell me stories about theur beloved pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Not even Hawthorn ?
    Not even fresh plantain. Everything has to be crispy. You wanna come have a word with him omi? He won't listen to me. Kind of like when I had a mash potatoe addiction and my mum couldn't get me to eat anything else. Very frustrating

Bam & Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by tulsi View Post
    I just tell people that I am foraging for my rabbits and picking grass for my guinea pigs. Quite a lot of people tell me stories about theur beloved pets.

Exactly this

People can be very nosey
    Up to date and comprehensive info on RHD2:
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...16-Sept/page14
    An extensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Earlier this summer the council went bananas with the mowers and hedge trimmers and decimated everything. Then we had the heatwave which scorched the little that was left.

Went foraging this morning and I'm pleased to report that grass round here is making a comeback I came home with a big sackful of the stuff, along with lots of bramble leaves and bindweed. Not great in terms of variety but I'm thrilled to have got loads more fresh grass than I expected to. My buns really do love it and I'm sure they've missed having it over the last few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Wise Old Thumper

Fantastic I'm sure it all just needs a little bit of rain.

Omi your so knowledgeable with forage I'm always impressed

I need to get back at it as I was doing well then Luna ruined it all and I forgot poor Ralph would still like forage noms

In fact I'm going to go out later and get as much as I can woo motivation

I go to the cemetery next door, there's always someone around whilst I'm 'gardening' I just say 'don't mind me my rabbits like the weeds' but usually they're in their own grief bubble to notice :/ I did have one woman hand me a bag of weeds off a grave she'd tidied and asked if they would eat that which was nice of her

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk