Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pellets Advice Please?

Default Pellets Advice Please?

Hi,

Iím now living in Israel, where I canít find any of the pellet brands Iím familiar with from the UK. Iíve compiled a table of the nutritional values of the available options, and would be grateful if someone could advise as to which would be the best option for a 4-5 month old Netherland Dwarf?

Thanks so much!

All numbers are in %

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Gab1899 View Post
    Hi,

Iím now living in Israel, where I canít find any of the pellet brands Iím familiar with from the UK. Iíve compiled a table of the nutritional values of the available options, and would be grateful if someone could advise as to which would be the best option for a 4-5 month old Netherland Dwarf?

Thanks so much!
    Hello,

I would have said definitely no 1 as that has the highest fibre. However, I'm not sure why Phosphorus is so high by comparison, nor what the implications of that would be for your rabbit.

This link shows the nutritional values of all the popular rabbit pellet brands.
    http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/r...comparison.asp

Are you not able to order from Amazon online?

Thanks - yes, I also thought #1 seemed best, having read the information on that same link you posted. However, the phosphorus is abnormally high, and I couldnít find any information as to how bad that would be...

Unfortunately, Amazon has stopped shipping to Israel due to COVID-19 (theyíd only started a few months earlier)

Wise Old Thumper

Thanks - yes, I also thought #1 seemed best, having read the information on that same link you posted. However, the phosphorus is abnormally high, and I couldnít find any information as to how bad that would be...

Unfortunately, Amazon has stopped shipping to Israel due to COVID-19 (theyíd only started a few months earlier)
    It's also the ratio of Calcium:Phosphorus which, it says on the link, is important and that is not within the range given for the 1 choice. Could you perhaps contact the manufacturer and ask for their justification of the high Phosphorus? You could then check their response online.

I canít seem to find any information on it. This is what it looks like, does anyone recognise it? Is it a problem that itís a muesli-style mix and not simply pellets? And it includes corn and alfalfa... would that be an issue?

I only got Ash a month ago, and up until then sheíd been given #3 from the list above, which has a ridiculously low 8% fibre content, so Iíd like to change to something more nutritious as soon as possible. I didnít expect it to be so difficult, but Iíve been crawling through the most obscure websites to try and find some nutritional info on so many foreign-sounding mixes... itís giving me a headache! Any help much appreciated!

Wise Old Thumper

That's a pity about Amazon. Have a look at this company https://www.arleymosssupplies.co.uk/...product_id=929 They 'appear' to be able to ship Allen & Page to Israel. The cost might make it prohibitive of course and also there could be recent changes made due to Covid, but worth a try.

Is it a problem that itís a muesli-style mix and not simply pellets? And it includes corn and alfalfa... would that be an issue?
    Usually the muesli mix is not recommended as the buns can pick and choose what items they eat and what items they leave
    Are you able to get Fibafirst sticks?
    Richard

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Motty; 08-06-2020 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    That's a pity about Amazon. Have a look at this company https://www.arleymosssupplies.co.uk/...product_id=929 They 'appear' to be able to ship Allen & Page to Israel. The cost might make it prohibitive of course and also there could be recent changes made due to Covid, but worth a try.
    Thanks, but it doesnít seem to be an option - when I input the delivery address it tells me they canít ship there...

Quote Originally Posted by Motty View Post
    Usually the muesli mix is not recommended as the buns can pick and choose what items they eat and lesvy
    Are you able to get Fibafirst sticks?
    Richard

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    Iíve heard that about the muesli mixes before, which is why I asked, but the mix Ash is currently eating is a muesli and she doesnít seem to favour any bits more than others - she eats whatever sheís given.
    From a quick Google search, I canít seem to find Fibafirst here, I will try some more tomorrow - itís almost midnight here and Iíve spent most of my day on this!