• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my foraging diary

thankyou very much mightymax and keletkezes but i feel the same reading about you and others on here, how they help people selflessly and offering support and advice. This is a fantastic forum and i honestly had no clue what looking after rabbits was REALLY like until i joined here. So if i am amazing its because of people on here that as taught me what i know. My 2 buns were in a 4ft cage for heavens sake and i cried when i read threads on here about what they should have been having. Im sure im not the only one on here that you have changed the lives of so many of their buns.:love:
If anyone has photos of plants what they are getting which i havnt got on here please add them, this will help me and anyone else starting out. xx

I made a dried forage hamper for my favourite rescue
IMG_3032_zpsaqcpdq0b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

How lovely :love: They look wonderful. You've certainly mastered the art of drying. Where do you leave the leaves to dry? I love the cute little bags and labels with the bunny stickers. I bet the rabbits at the rescue will be really impressed.

Thanks Omi. It will probably last 5 mins :lol:Where I leave my leaves to dry is a bone of contention in this house :lol: I sun dry them when possible then dry on frames with wire in the house...and tie them up & hang from one of those old fashioned drying racks on the ceiling...lay them out on the dining room table. i have a dehydrator for when they need hurrying up too. Its been like a forest inside for at least a week. OH comes in from work & I show him the hamper. He was astounded it shrank down so much "that's all of it??"

Last edited:
Thanks Omi. It will probably last 5 mins :lol:Where I leave my leaves to dry is a bone of contention in this house :lol: I sun dry them when possible then dry on frames with wire in the house...and tie them up & hang from one of those old fashioned drying racks on the ceiling...lay them out on the dining room table. i have a dehydrator for when they need hurrying up too. Its been like a forest inside for at least a week. OH comes in from work & I show him the hamper. He was astounded it shrank down so much "that's all of it??"

:lol:

It's a few years since our airing cupboard was an airing cupboard.....

This looks amazing J&B :love:

I love the 'sore buns' comfort cream. Is it for bunnies? What does it contain and can I buy it? :D

I always cringe when I hear of nasty ingredients, esp on bunnies delicate skin. So I made a balm for bunnies that they rescue with urine scald / similar (following on from FHB saying at those lectures was ok to try creams). So its an experiment! I've tried to harness nice therapeutic qualities & it has quite a lot of eco-soy wax - aiming for a semi barrier effect. Ingredients@ eco soy wax, virgin olive oil, organic coconut oil,kukui butter, raw manuka.

J&B that's lush!!!

I went for a forage after work :thumb:

Lovely long grass, sticky weed, super long dandelions, plantain & baby dock :love:

Does anyone else refer to forage as Nigel Forage :lol:

"Nath, don't lock the car, Nigel is in the boot" :lol:

13177780_10154232992086742_2961096395511672675_n.jpg

13178628_10154232992151742_6838181739475084175_n.jpg

[/B]

I always cringe when I hear of nasty ingredients, esp on bunnies delicate skin. So I made a balm for bunnies that they rescue with urine scald / similar (following on from FHB saying at those lectures was ok to try creams). So its an experiment! I've tried to harness nice therapeutic qualities & it has quite a lot of eco-soy wax - aiming for a semi barrier effect. Ingredients@ eco soy wax, virgin olive oil, organic coconut oil,kukui butter, raw manuka.

Sounds divine! Lucky bunnies (to have the cream, not the scald :love:)

Back