• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my foraging diary

Nice haul scraps. Could have included bunnies in your photo though - I'm missing your two (& many others)

The perfect way to feed Dawn . Mousey has that toe thing going on except its a lot worse. She's sat on them at the mo but I'll take a photo later.

Nice haul scraps. Could have included bunnies in your photo though - I'm missing your two (& many others)

The perfect way to feed Dawn . Mousey has that toe thing going on except its a lot worse. She's sat on them at the mo but I'll take a photo later.
It's weird, isn't it! SOme days it'll be all sticky-up and others it'll just be normal with Lopsy.

It's weird, isn't it! SOme days it'll be all sticky-up and others it'll just be normal with Lopsy.

ahh. Mouseys are all over all the time - think Ruth said it was related to arthritis / joint issues. Not that uncommon in elderly buns apparently

Wood avens or creeping buttercup, or one of each? Google photos so I've added the URLs too.

C48x6uIWVrDGvXZxNHg9nhZi23E2CYQHTgtbrkHNp88qjeU0FeHu-_xI44ypEamTclLYXq4dvkyk76gqFRJwX4KzweeaRpkAAwjb5J_DyXnuXKw7CeG-zqpN0gh5Obf7fY5zwK9OhlXAVdNhAtfbkw8wumZbVJB7YeceiK0W0Ymxr0Eps8UidxmL-88BlTUQhTTYd6mSnX4veM8kAPXsz1efvNkBYwMmU5Gq3A-Mo7zKDxPYtL-LioXsRG2hCGPWkDiZGtSg0qKJ3dggd85yArU5gZ0AmffpwyEir-THvuDbUTNci_sKuOkJOxIsKUIc-uzqu0g0fEKYj04VnXVWls2tVtPbkaUJAEGCTi8TT9-UW4UC3Uo2CRTjTSl2TzsD_EpbiIRdEGRx0ya4yxaegKFyNowoNf6hlT765_2f-qK8pyyXhAvxPAYLtSUuIqT4vMMBHonCCq2PRev8GayCuI2tCChtSDmeLXL7kcn19FvNAXOjDbAjvsZOIBrbh8g6DbP-A2TFeYxUU2ZdarUNI61YFEGbzf0MyroVOUrGftm6pdwBe1Fe3xe9OL9Bg8cpB_B3lrIJuJH2iM2a3Kciddg2ycImJlms3QzOD0Ve5BK5iNsPvUfmhf2gD3L0E4z6iGMXErKFZ-IY-OEs2I5vWG-M2-LcGKI8pxrW9rESTHvFapaShYCbWqpsUX7uPw=w866-h649-no

https://photos.app.goo.gl/k3riU6sS8ZF8t3nn6

I have been foraging in my garden! My willow, hawthorn and apple tree are fresh pickings. Nice big haul from scraps there. I am going to try drying again this year

Looks like my apple tree leafs and buds. Do you ever need to go past my way at all? I have lots of live plants I could leave on the doorstep for you or should I say Phillip

I think they are both Wood Avens :) Top specimen is more convincing than bottom, but both specimens clearly the same as the joining of the side shoot to the main stem is the same.
Thankyou :D We have a lot of the bottom version around :S Our creeping buttercup is really rounded as well, moreso than 'usual', so i suspect Nottingham has a lot of roundy plants :lol:

I've given up on drying for now: everything in the garage goes mouldy at the moment, there's too many leaks (around the windows and under the doors). There was no point in drying anything for the past winter in the East Midlands either, we got about 5 frosts the whole winter and none were bad enough to hurt anything :S

thanks. J&B like it, R&M not so much
Mine eat it when it's young, ossibly because it's new and exciting ad there's limited anything else freesh and green (see also buddleia :lol: I nearly had them eating it!) but I stop as soon as I see flowers because they'll just leave it. Mine also won't eat teasel leaves but are enjoying very young autumn raspberry (we've got loads growing into the footpath out the front from under the wall so we're doing Bunny Breakfast Clearance).

Ha ha - mine get loads of raspberry as there are massive expanses of it growing wild nearby. Its a good one to mass pick & dry - they are grateful for anything in Winter

Ha ha - mine get loads of raspberry as there are massive expanses of it growing wild nearby. Its a good one to mass pick & dry - they are grateful for anything in Winter
Mmm, yes: we should clear out our willow stores from 2yrs ago :lol: If we get around to pruning the summer raspberries in time then maybe we'll give drying them a go :)

Yeah, mine liked jack in the hedge back when I first started foraging as it was quite an early plant I managed to ID. Now they won't touch it, which is a shame as there is loads of it about. I think it's as Keletkezes says and it was just the novelty factor at the time.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Risked life & limb to get to a beck side apple tree today. The blossom smells really beautiful - rose like. Is that usual for apple blossom?

Risked life & limb to get to a beck side apple tree today. The blossom smells really beautiful - rose like. Is that usual for apple blossom?
Yes, it's one of the first blossoms that doesn't smell like cat wee :lol: Ours are all over now: our own tree didn't flower this year, or hasn't yet maybe. Bunnies were lucky yesterday: there was a twig broken on the apple tree over the canal so Matt clipped it off :D They totally ignored pellets that evening to eat it :lol: so we had to take it away! They got it back afterwards.

Did I find it Omi? Did I get it right?
DDBgX2al.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Was also after ID on the tiny white flowering thing but it shrivelled up on route home

Did I find it Omi? Did I get it right?
DDBgX2al.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Was also after ID on the tiny white flowering thing but it shrivelled up on route home

Yes :D I bet none of them eat it now :lol:

The white flower looks interesting. I've no idea what it is though. It seems to have multiple florets?

Yes :D I bet none of them eat it now :lol:

The white flower looks interesting. I've no idea what it is though. It seems to have multiple florets?

yay ! Well I only got that sample but now I know what & where it is I'll get some for everybun & report back on verdict . Yes lots of florets on the white one, its really delicate

Back