Page 128 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1298

Thread: my foraging diary

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    My garden seems to have sprouted it's own herb robert plantation. Bunnies like that by the huge mouthful too
    Well done garden! Herb Robert is similarly delicately formed. It's nice when you can just go outside and pick something and feed it to the rabbits, isn't it. Certainly no air miles

Thank You Omi & MM. Its good to know I can go back & raid that bush. I love how I get to identify more once stuff fruits

I have blackcurrants in my "garden" too - 6 of them My bunnies ? have also grown quite a few wild plants. Given I have a tiny back yard with only opportunities to grow through cracks in the pavement & a small patch of earth we have dandelions willow herb sticky bud herb robert strawberry & a few things from seeds I've chucked in.

well i guess Ash is out of season, its definitely suddenly unpopular. Clever bunnies - i expect there is a really good reason they won't eat it now .

Found loads of Knapweed - difficult to access though as very steep & uneven hill with overgrown grass

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    well i guess Ash is out of season, its definitely suddenly unpopular. Clever bunnies - i expect there is a really good reason they won't eat it now .

Found loads of Knapweed - difficult to access though as very steep & uneven hill with overgrown grass
    Mine were OK with it last time I tried about 3-4 weeks ago. Our Ash tree is enormous, so I have to wait for a storm to persuade some twigs to fall off before the get any

But Hawthorn, they have definitely become very iffy about. Leaves just get nibbled round the edges and the stem is left. Hazel and Willow are the favourites here atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Mine were OK with it last time I tried about 3-4 weeks ago. Our Ash tree is enormous, so I have to wait for a storm to persuade some twigs to fall off before the get any

But Hawthorn, they have definitely become very iffy about. Leaves just get nibbled round the edges and the stem is left. Hazel and Willow are the favourites here atm.

My neighbour has a handy Rowan tree which overhangs and the buns are *very* keen on that. The other neighbour had his pear tree pruned recently .... yum yum

My neighbour has a handy Rowan tree which overhangs and the buns are *very* keen on that. The other neighbour had his pear tree pruned recently .... yum yum
    neighbours with benefits mine has told me to "help myself" to her overflowing baskets of herbs but of course I wouldn't. I might actually bury some berries, I'd like a Rowan. Lots here but mostly in gardens & not wild

Omi - interesting about Hawthorn, mine are still devouring it with gusto. They still love, love, love hogweed too. Ash only got rejected in the past week or so. you'll have to report back once you've had a storm ?

neighbours with benefits mine has told me to "help myself" to her overflowing baskets of herbs but of course I wouldn't. I might actually bury some berries, I'd like a Rowan. Lots here but mostly in gardens & not wild

Omi - interesting about Hawthorn, mine are still devouring it with gusto. They still love, love, love hogweed too. Ash only got rejected in the past week or so. you'll have to report back once you've had a storm ?

I have a couple of rogue Rowan trees in my garden that will be dug up when my sheds are taken down.

Would you like me to post you one with it's roots on?

I have a couple of rogue Rowan trees in my garden that will be dug up when my sheds are taken down.

Would you like me to post you one with it's roots on?
    that's very kind but honestly I'll just try berries & see if they take, failing that I'll "acquire " a little tree somehow. If you were to postpone your shed uprooting til next year that would be most convenient & my answer might be different. Thank you so much though

that's very kind but honestly I'll just try berries & see if they take, failing that I'll "acquire " a little tree somehow. If you were to postpone your shed uprooting til next year that would be most convenient & my answer might be different. Thank you so much though

I might pot one of them up. You never know when it might come in handy

Default huge blurry photo alert

Got my bunnies an improvised hay & forage rack, resulting in less stray poo

[IMG][/IMG]