Page 184 of 184 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184
Results 1,831 to 1,836 of 1836

Thread: my foraging diary

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Its not large, mainly big planters with strawberries, herbs, cabbage (& in summer lots of borage - is that a people food?)Apple trees & stuff then it rambles of in to wasteland (good foraging turf) before it meets the beck

This is how I think it works. A group of women 60+ meet to tidy & garden village & plant veg / herbs for my bunnies . Its very kind of them
    It sounds really wonderful And the women in return get lots of healthy exercise

The only human uses for Borage that I'm aware of are that people float the flowers in glasses of Pimms or they use it as cut flowers in the house.
    " We will remain friends until the end of days, and one day longer"......Donald Tusk

What would you guys say are the prettiest wildflowers safe for bunny consumption, that can be grown in the garden?

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppit! View Post
    What would you guys say are the prettiest wildflowers safe for bunny consumption, that can be grown in the garden?
    Tough question as they are all pretty! Wild Geraniums would be a good choice as they are perennial as well as pretty.
    " We will remain friends until the end of days, and one day longer"......Donald Tusk

I've got alchemilla mollis. Geraniums are also nice

https://www.bethchatto.co.uk/plants-...lla-mollis.htm

alpine strawberries? they love 'em - but if they don't you will have some nice berries they spread quite nicely once established.

https://www.growveg.com.au/guides/th...-strawberries/

Violets! Great ground cover, lovely flowers, bunny safe, great in shade, almost any ground condition, ticking all the boxes Wallflowers are great but really invasive, and not great in quantity: we feed the flowers during flowering season, but the plants are a good Winter staple although we never feed freely. Dead nettles are also amazing: we have the white ones with the big flowers which the bees go mental for, but the purple ones with the smaller flowers are arguably prettier, and you can get variegated varieties. Vetch is good but a PITA for spreading where you don't want it I wouldn't plant Herb Robert as it's not pretty enough but I leave it where it self-seeds
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.