Page 203 of 208 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2080

Thread: my foraging diary

  1. #2021
    Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,121

    Default

    It's very prolific round here. I wonder if it's one of those plants that's more widespread in the South?

    I agree, it's not very appetising to look at but I think it smells like dried herbs, maybe that's why it's popular with bunnies.

    J&B, would you like me to collect some extra and send to you for your bunnies? I've never posted forage before so I'd need some clear instructions, such as best thing to wrap them in etc. I don't want them getting to you all mouldy!

    Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

    Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

    At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

    Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

  2. #2022
    Warren Veteran keletkezes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    8,821

    Default

    Mine love yarrow, especially dried!

    Council or someone had a spree of cutting stuff down so the bunnies were inundated with half-dried hazel and hawthorn. They're not fussed by hawthorn at the moment because the goodness is going into the berries. They got a big willow branch last week because it had fallen mostly off so the OH cut it down and dragged it back.

    We managed to trick them into thinking the currant we'd pruned was illicit (by poking it through bars rather than straight-out giving it to them), because they normally won't touch it unless it's blackcurrant, although are more wiling in winter. Mine still won't touch buddleia though!
    The geeky one...



    Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

  3. #2023
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    13,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    It's very prolific round here. I wonder if it's one of those plants that's more widespread in the South?

    I agree, it's not very appetising to look at but I think it smells like dried herbs, maybe that's why it's popular with bunnies.

    J&B, would you like me to collect some extra and send to you for your bunnies? I've never posted forage before so I'd need some clear instructions, such as best thing to wrap them in etc. I don't want them getting to you all mouldy!

    Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    So sorry - only just saw this kind offer Scrappy. The buns are fine - they haven't got yarrow but have so much other stuff. I think I might have seen some today but my memory of the leaves didn't match that of Google images when I got home

  4. #2024
    Warren Veteran loobers25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    5,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    It's very prolific round here. I wonder if it's one of those plants that's more widespread in the South?

    I agree, it's not very appetising to look at but I think it smells like dried herbs, maybe that's why it's popular with bunnies.

    J&B, would you like me to collect some extra and send to you for your bunnies? I've never posted forage before so I'd need some clear instructions, such as best thing to wrap them in etc. I don't want them getting to you all mouldy!

    Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    Can't move for yarrow round here! Buddleia is what she wants scraps



    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

    Bam & Charlie
    Humanisation to the nation ~ One Love ~ Tipper Tapper Toby

  5. #2025
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    13,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loobers25 View Post
    Can't move for yarrow round here! Buddleia is what she wants scraps



    Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    ha ha - I just picked Buddleia to check Rudey also thinks its nasty

  6. #2026
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    13,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keletkezes View Post
    Mine love yarrow, especially dried!

    Council or someone had a spree of cutting stuff down so the bunnies were inundated with half-dried hazel and hawthorn. They're not fussed by hawthorn at the moment because the goodness is going into the berries. They got a big willow branch last week because it had fallen mostly off so the OH cut it down and dragged it back.

    We managed to trick them into thinking the currant we'd pruned was illicit (by poking it through bars rather than straight-out giving it to them), because they normally won't touch it unless it's blackcurrant, although are more wiling in winter. Mine still won't touch buddleia though!
    Is Yarrow what your OH kindly offered my buns & they all wouldn't eat it?

  7. #2027
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    13,186

    Default

    Whats this please? [IMG][/IMG]

  8. #2028
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    16,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Whats this please? [IMG][/IMG]
    Can't see the leaves as well as I'd like, but I'm pretty sure it's Meadowsweet https://www.plantlife.org.uk/uk/disc...es/meadowsweet

    My bunnies like it

  9. #2029
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    13,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Can't see the leaves as well as I'd like, but I'm pretty sure it's Meadowsweet https://www.plantlife.org.uk/uk/disc...es/meadowsweet

    My bunnies like it
    Thats what Bob reckoned it was (he brought it home). Must be bunny kosher too then. Thanks Omi

  10. #2030
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    16,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Thats what Bob reckoned it was (he brought it home). Must be bunny kosher too then. Thanks Omi
    Well done Bob I've just walked along the road to pick some from my source, so my rabbits could have some as well. Tui went for the leaves and Tethra the flowers. Interesting I reckon the flowers must taste sweet with that wonderful smell.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •