Page 183 of 183 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183
Results 1,821 to 1,824 of 1824

Thread: my foraging diary

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Ash & Rowan leaves (& trees) are really different to look at - which sounds stupid as Rowan is Mountain Ash I think. Neither has had leaves up here for well over a month. Rowan has very distinctive orange berries that turn red (they are still hanging on to branches for dear life) .

Thanks J&B. I think I need you to help me here - what are your consultation rates

Right - the tree I saw a few days ago had berries, but it's the only rowan/ash tree I have ever seen with berries.

Wish I wasn't such a forage numpty

Rowan fruited like mad here this year. Found on an old photo of Rowan for you, no Ash though

[IMG][/IMG] Study leaf shape - its quite distinctive.

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Rowan fruited like mad here this year. Found on an old photo of Rowan for you, no Ash though

[IMG][/IMG] Study leaf shape - its quite distinctive.

Thank you, that's really kind of you.

The tree overlooking my garden is not that, even though I'd been reassured it was Rowan.
    It must be Ash as I haven't seen any leaves like those before.

Wise Old Thumper

Just for interest .....

My rabbits have had a very large bundle of leaves (no twigs) over the past few days for their breakfast. These have always been Apple, Pear, Ash, Alder and Hazel.

Every day they have eaten them, based on the following preferences, Alder first, then Ash, Apple, Pear and Hazel. Indeed the Pear and Hazel get left until they can be sure that nothing more tasty to them is going to be delivered.

It's not the result I would have predicted.
    "The mind tells me this is our new reality, the heart aches for it to be just a bad dream" Frans Timmermans