• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help

ailsa28

New Kit
Hi me and my boyfriend got a new rabbit yesterday we already have patch at 8 months old she is a female and had been netured. Yesterday we picked up chewy a lion head 10 weeks old male. Wondering if anyone has some tips on bonding the rabbit and also patch has been a bit aggressive with us since chewy got here is she just jealous?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

We rescued a male bunny from one of my sisters friends (they were gonna put the poor thing on eBay) and bonded him with our two previous females. Think it was more luck than anything but within a matter of weeks he was out roaming the house with them and now (we got him in January) he is living with them permanently. Anyway in order to bond them we had separate cages and when we let our girls out we would put him in their cage so that he should get used to their sent and them his, the cage he cage was always open for them to go in and use as they wanted. We also kept the cages next to each other so the smell was always close.
In the end though I think we were very luck as within about 9 days he escaped while I was feeding him and just snuggled himself in the middle of the girls and we never looked back 🐰🐰🐰
Not sure it could really be that simple but good luck with your bunnies 😀
Is he neutered, could be the smell of an unneutered male making her aggressive?

Sent from my E5603 using Tapatalk

We rescued a male bunny from one of my sisters friends (they were gonna put the poor thing on eBay) and bonded him with our two previous females. Think it was more luck than anything but within a matter of weeks he was out roaming the house with them and now (we got him in January) he is living with them permanently. Anyway in order to bond them we had separate cages and when we let our girls out we would put him in their cage so that he should get used to their sent and them his, the cage he cage was always open for them to go in and use as they wanted. We also kept the cages next to each other so the smell was always close.
In the end though I think we were very luck as within about 9 days he escaped while I was feeding him and just snuggled himself in the middle of the girls and we never looked back 🐰🐰🐰
Not sure it could really be that simple but good luck with your bunnies 😀
Is he neutered, could be the smell of an unneutered male making her aggressive?

Sent from my E5603 using Tapatalk
Thank you this sounds like something I will try! Patch is very curious of him just now and no he isn't netured so that might be it she keeps marking her territory as well such as poos where chewy has been xx

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Female rabbits are very territorial so this is why she is being aggressive as she sees the space as hers. You really need to wait until your male rabbit is old enough to be neutered then bond them, but it will have to be in an area where the female has never been. They should then make a happy pair :love:

Back