• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

To de-lump or not de-lump?

He's home, bald and sore, and limping on the front leg next to the lump. He wasn't eating much for them but tucked in once he got home. Still waiting on poop but we decided he'd do much better at home than staying overnight.

Glad to hear he is home. One of my wildies has to go in this weds to remove some hopefully benign growths on her tummy area.(she is spayed).

No Harebell is relatively young c5years - she has not had great luck in life as she had to have an eye removed last year due to severe glaucoma.

Aww poor girl, I imagine a de-lumping should be less trouble than that. Scamp suggests stocking up on willow - he's decided that's the best post-op food. It's funny how their preferences change when unwell - he's turning his nose up to apple and pellets but wants lots of grass, willow and kale.

No Harebell is relatively young c5years - she has not had great luck in life as she had to have an eye removed last year due to severe glaucoma.

Awww poor lassie :(

I hope her luck turns and she sails into old age with less problems than she's had to date :)

Aww poor girl, I imagine a de-lumping should be less trouble than that. Scamp suggests stocking up on willow - he's decided that's the best post-op food. It's funny how their preferences change when unwell - he's turning his nose up to apple and pellets but wants lots of grass, willow and kale.

well we have a large willow tree slap bang in the middle of the lawn! so no shortage there!

Results came back to today, it's a soft tissue sarcoma. The vet says it's possible it may come back in the same place - it was attached to the muscle over his ribs so she couldn't go past them when cutting it out. It could also spread e.g. to his lungs although that was categorised as low risk. :(

Results came back to today, it's a soft tissue sarcoma. The vet says it's possible it may come back in the same place - it was attached to the muscle over his ribs so she couldn't go past them when cutting it out. It could also spread e.g. to his lungs although that was categorised as low risk. :(

Sorry to hear this. I've had this in a rabbit ..

I hope Scamp feels well for his remaining time, however long that is :)

I'm very sorry to hear your news, Tamsin. :(
I do hope that Scamp will be well for a long time yet and that you have many, many days of fond memories to make with one another. ((((((Huge hugs))))))) xxxx

Really sorry to read this Tamsin. But it sounds to be a low grade sarcoma which does have a very, very low risk of spreading. How's Scamp within himself now ? Hopefully he's doing just great and so as far as he's concerned there is nothing wrong xx

Thanks, yes he's doing really well. He's bright and eating/pooping as normal. Well he's not particularly fussed about pellets but I think that might be because he's getting spoilt with all sorts of tasty forage.

He demanded to come out Wednesday evening and ambled about for 10 minutes and then yesterday was much more active. The wound is healing really well and he hasn't chewed it at all which was my big worry. He's got a limp on that front leg but I think that's down to where the wound is and it's improved a lot already.

I might take a little video later so you can see his new hairdo and how perky he is.

Thanks, yes he's doing really well. He's bright and eating/pooping as normal. Well he's not particularly fussed about pellets but I think that might be because he's getting spoilt with all sorts of tasty forage.

He demanded to come out Wednesday evening and ambled about for 10 minutes and then yesterday was much more active. The wound is healing really well and he hasn't chewed it at all which was my big worry. He's got a limp on that front leg but I think that's down to where the wound is and it's improved a lot already.

I might take a little video later so you can see his new hairdo and how perky he is.

Oh bless, I'm glad he is recovering well. Why eat pellets when you have staff to provide a much more creative menu !! :lol:

What a lovely update :D

He's a brave little soldier. Glad he's loving his food :love:

Awwwww, brave little soldier!! Doubtless he's enjoying being spoilt too. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back