• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Bobby

Pandora1

Warren Scout
Vibes for my male bunny Bobby please who had a dental on Friday but has not been himself since. He does not want to eat and is not passing pellets. He is staying at the vets being syringe fed and is on fluids. I picked him up Saturday after his dental on Friday as the vets said he was eating, but when I got him home he was quiet and would only eat 4 carrot tops. I separated him from his partner to monitor his poo and wee and if he ate, I also syringe fed him some pellets as I thought he wasnt eating enough during the night. I took him back to vets on Sunday. I am waiting for an update as the vet is out, but I am worried. They said his teeth werent that bad so I am thinking there is something else wrong.

Tons of vibes for Bobby. Mr B, my indoor bunny can take a week before he eats or poops properly. It used to really worry me but I am used to it now. Every other dental rabbit I have had would eat straight away.

Hi

Had an update from the vets he has pood and is eating a small amount of veg and pellets which is good news. This is day 5 as the dental was Friday, is it normal that he should still have discomfort,his teeth were filed a little and the vet said they werent too bad, so I am thinking is it something else. I worry he will be sent home from vets, the pain meds wear off and he wont eat again.

If Bobby had a cut on his tongue or cheek from the spurs his mouth may still be sore. This happens with Mr B. Hopefully this is why Bobby still doesn't feel quite right. Hope he is back to normal soon.

Hi

Had an update from the vets he has pood and is eating a small amount of veg and pellets which is good news. This is day 5 as the dental was Friday, is it normal that he should still have discomfort,his teeth were filed a little and the vet said they werent too bad, so I am thinking is it something else. I worry he will be sent home from vets, the pain meds wear off and he wont eat again.

I really hope this won't be the case, and that he'll go from strength to strength.

I have known vets to accidentally nick the inside of the cheek during dentals under GA, and this can ulcerate and cause an issue. Or the spurs may have caught the tongue or something. Make sure that your vet checks his mouth, as if this is the case, he will need antibiotics to help him get better.

Sending many vibes xx

Hi all

I am afraid Bobby has been taken back to the vets as I thought he was not eating enough and generally not behaving as he normally would. He has had a small whiff of unaesthetic to have another look in his mouth and they cant see anything that should be bothering him. When he got home yesterday I left him to settle then offered veg but he was not interested, then didn't want pellets in the evening, he did eat some dried plantain but only a little. This morning he had his gut stimulants and I separated him from his friend and gave him veg, softened pellets, hay, but he had none. I syringe fed him a bit, then at lunch decided to ring vets and took him back.

He is a dental bunny and his teeth are not good the vet said. I have only had him 1 year and had no idea he had problems with teeth until about 3 months after I got him which was his first dental. I got him from a rescue centre in Manchester, they said he was regularly vet checked and in good general health, they never mentioned his teeth.

So sorry that Bobby is still unwell. Unfortunately I don't have any experience of this, but I hope you can get some answers and that he improves x

Back