• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New rabbit friend for Daisy

Mattcrofts

New Kit
Hi

I am new to the forum and I was just wondering if anyone had any advice.

Our rabbit Millie sadly died a month ago and we didn't want her sister Daisy (Netherland Dwarf) to be alone for too long, so today we have added a new rabbit to our family, Benji the lion head rabbit (male).

We have started them off next to each other in separate runs with a gap in between so they can still see each other but not swipe at each other. Daisy is two and has been spayed, however Benji is only 3 months old and has yet to be neutered.

Our plan is, is to keep them in separate runs and let them run about the living room at separate times until we have Benji neutered when its time in around a couple of months.

After this we were then going to start the bonding process in a neutral part of the house.

Would this be the right plan or would people with more experience have any other ideas?

Thanks

Hi

I am new to the forum and I was just wondering if anyone had any advice.

Our rabbit Millie sadly died a month ago and we didn't want her sister Daisy (Netherland Dwarf) to be alone for too long, so today we have added a new rabbit to our family, Benji the lion head rabbit (male).

We have started them off next to each other in separate runs with a gap in between so they can still see each other but not swipe at each other. Daisy is two and has been spayed, however Benji is only 3 months old and has yet to be neutered.

Our plan is, is to keep them in separate runs and let them run about the living room at separate times until we have Benji neutered when its time in around a couple of months.

After this we were then going to start the bonding process in a neutral part of the house.

Would this be the right plan or would people with more experience have any other ideas?

Thanks

Welcome to RU :wave:

I'm really sorry you lost your Millie but it sounds like you care deeply for Daisy :D

You seem to have exactly the right idea, to keep them separate until he's neutered and then bond them together in a neutral area as you've mentioned.

I often use my kitchen for bonding, as it's so easy to clean the floor and put mats, litter trays and boxes etc down for interest.

Welcome to you, Millie and Benji :D

Welcome to RU :wave:

I'm really sorry you lost your Millie but it sounds like you care deeply for Daisy :D

You seem to have exactly the right idea, to keep them separate until he's neutered and then bond them together in a neutral area as you've mentioned.

I often use my kitchen for bonding, as it's so easy to clean the floor and put mats, litter trays and boxes etc down for interest.

Welcome to you, Millie and Benji :D

Thank you very much for your response. It's good to know we are doing the right thing. I will try the kitchen or bathroom when it comes to the bonding.

Thanks again

Matt

Back