• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi from Sunny (NOT) Suffolk!!

lecotton1

New Kit
Hellooo!!!

New here and to the online rabbit world!!

We have picked out our new bun. This time it will be a french lop buck. Waiting for breeder to confirm the beautiful colouring.

Now when I was growing up my dad used to show Rabbits so obviously back then the keeping of Rabbits was very different. Our bun..already named "Thumper" will have a very spoilt and different life!!

Any hints and tips will be most welcome. I want to be a bun mum who begins ahead of the game. Unfortunately he will be an outside bun but will have a big enclosure, run and fenced off area. When we are home he will then be inside🏡.

Hoping to learn lots from everyone on here! I've been pinning like a crazy lady on Pinterest!

🐇🐰 xx

Hi and welcome :)

The first thing I want to mention is that bunnies are almost always happier in pairs and can get very lonely on their own, this being the case even more for outdoor bunnies. I would definitely recommend getting him a wife bunny once he has been neutered for 6 weeks or so. (Assuming that you will have him neutered) No matter how much love we can give them, they are almost always happier when they have the company of another bunny, apart from very unique circumstances.

Also, apart from in hotter weather when the temperature outside is virtually the same as inside, taking a rabbit from one temperature to another is not tolerated very well by the rabbit's body unfortunately. This means that if you keep drastically changing the temperature (bringing from the cold into the warm and vice versa) they can actually get very poorly. It's not so bad if it's only for a short while to do necessary things such as nail trimming, medicine giving and other various things, but too long really isn't good for their fragile little bodies. (Most bunnies hate being picked up too so it may be a struggle to do that twice daily anyway[emoji38])

Edit: When I refer to it being important to keep bunnies in pairs I am referring to bunnies that are kept outdoors because they are the ones that get the loneliest if kept on their own. A lot of bunnies can live happily on their own indoors, but not really outdoors.

Last edited:
Hi,

Welcome to the fiorum, I can't wait to see photo's of your beautiful bunny!
I have a single bunny myself, he is a house bunny, a Double Maned Lionhead named Snow Cloud.
They do say rabbits are better in pairs but my baby is the happiest healthiest most affectionate rabbit I have ever met so not all rabbits need to be in pairs, but some defenity do :)
I hope you find this forum useful and enjoy posting in the site xx

Helloo :wave:
I haven't been on the forum long but it is great! I have two mini lop bunnies called Miffy and Mylo - looking forward to hearing more about your bun :love: xxxxx

Hi

Thanks for everyone for replying and so quickly!!

I know buns are better kept in pairs and preferably husbun and wife. We wanna get him settled and get ourselves used to another animals before we get a second. See how it goes with one and then look towards a second once he's been done.

��

Hi

Thanks for everyone for replying and so quickly!!

I know buns are better kept in pairs and preferably husbun and wife. We wanna get him settled and get ourselves used to another animals before we get a second. See how it goes with one and then look towards a second once he's been done.

🐰
That sounds like an excellent plan [emoji4]

welcome2-1_zpsc2zsdhld.gif

Back