• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Concerned about my wee patch

ailsa28

New Kit
I have noticed lately sometimesoon patch isn't herself for example she just sits under the window most of the day and when we try and go to get her sometimesoon she grunts at us. She is still binkying and running about crazy but today she hasn't touched her nuggets but she has ate treats and some veg someone help? We got her a playpen and it's been since then really

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

If she's not eating properly she probably needs to see a vet right away. Its a very bad sign in rabbits. Is she producing poo?

Yeah she is still pooing and lying down.its just usually she is so excited to get nuggets but today she doesn't seem bothered

I have noticed lately sometimesoon patch isn't herself for example she just sits under the window most of the day and when we try and go to get her sometimesoon she grunts at us. She is still binkying and running about crazy but today she hasn't touched her nuggets but she has ate treats and some veg someone help? We got her a playpen and it's been since then really

Sorry to hear about your little Patch :(

You need to see a vet sooner rather than later. Not eating can quickly develop into something life threatening if not promptly addressed.

This may be useful:

http://www.vettimes.co.uk/article/managing-gi-stasis-in-rabbits/

Welcome to the Forum :wave:

I have an appointment at the vets tomorrow thanks for the help just a bit worried about her cause she is usually a handful and always getting up to no good xx

I have an appointment at the vets tomorrow thanks for the help just a bit worried about her cause she is usually a handful and always getting up to no good xx

Do be aware a rabbit can die within 24 hours if they don't eat/drink/wee/poo. Not to scare you, but tomorrow is a long way away :wave:

If you tell the vet she's not eating properly they will perhaps try to find an early appointment for you.

It's just nuggets she isn't eating she still has her hay and water and tomorrow is the only time they have.

If you tell the vet she's not eating properly they will perhaps try to find an early appointment for you.
I did but the earlier they have is 10am but she is eating hay and veg so they weren't too concerned cause she is still eating something

Not eating pellets but still eating hay and other foods, can sometimes mean a rabbit has a dental issue. Selective eating like this happens because it hurts them more to chew certain foods. So a thorough dental exam by the vet is important.

Another possibility can be the pellets themselves. Pellets that have gone bad or where there is something off about them, can cause a rabbit to not want to eat them. In this case, trying a new bag of pellets that has a different batch date on it, can help determine if this was the problem. If your rabbit will eat the new batch of pellets fine, then it means there is something off about the old batch.

Not eating pellets but still eating hay and other foods, can sometimes mean a rabbit has a dental issue. Selective eating like this happens because it hurts them more to chew certain foods. So a thorough dental exam by the vet is important.

Another possibility can be the pellets themselves. Pellets that have gone bad or where there is something off about them, can cause a rabbit to not want to eat them. In this case, trying a new bag of pellets that has a different batch date on it, can help determine if this was the problem. If your rabbit will eat the new batch of pellets fine, then it means there is something off about the old batch.
It looks like she has a sore wee tummy before but she has just got up and ate all her pellets so still unsure but still going to get her checked out

Back