• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Siskin Honeybunny ( 1-2-2010 to 10-3-2016 ) :'(

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper

SISKIN 1-2-10 TO 10-3-16

My heart is truly broken in bits as today we have had to say goodbye to Siskin :cry::cry:

Siskin was at the vet's on Tuesday as she had become quite incontinent and she had started to fall over now and then and she was due back at the vet's today for an x-ray. The x-ray confirmed that Siskin had two collapsed discs in her back there was also calcification between the joints and she was in a considerable amount of pain her outlook wasn't good and so we decided to let her go. :cry::cry:

'Siskin' and her Sister 'Linnet' and their Mother 'Skylark' we got from Honeybunnies Guinea pig and Rabbit rescue in Leicester they were part of a big rescue Honeybunnies did and all the buns they rescued were called after birds and they were known as the 'Bird Bunnies' as most of the older members on RU will know.
We sadly lost Skylark in 2014, we still have Linnet.

Skylark was the Daughter to Flamingo who is quite a famous bunny on Facebook and who was also one of the Bird Bunnies. Siskin and Linnet are the Granddaughters of Flamingo.

This has been an awful week so far for Mike and I , today he had to go to collect the ashes of Ant who we lost on Tuesday and then go to the vet's to be with Siskin who was going to be pts. We are in bits :cry:

Siskin go be with your Mummy Skylark she will be waiting for you and always remember we love you to the moon and back...forever :cry::cry:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Such a sweet little bunny. Heartbroken to hear you have had to say goodbye, especially after losing Ant only two days ago. Huge huge hugs xxx

I am so sorry that you had to say goodbye to Siskin :cry: She was a very pretty rabbit.

I am so sorry you have lost 2 of your friends in such a short space of time, my thoughts are with you both, Binky free at the bridge dearest Siskin

I remember the bird bunnies. They were all so beautiful. I am so sorry that Siskin has gone and so soon after wee Ant. :cry:
I can only imagine your heartbreak, and I'm doubling up the ((((hugs)))) that I'm sending your way.

Sleep well and sweet dreams, Siskin. xxxx

So very sorry to read this Maisie. :(
You did all you could for that little bunny and her life was a wonderful one.
As you have said we rescued her from the most awful conditions and so she was lucky to be able to stay with her mother and sister and come to you to be loved and spoilt.
Binky free little one and hugs to you Maisie and Mike xxx

Back