• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another loss (guinea pig) RIP Stripe

jemjabella

Mama Doe
Stripe died yesterday :( he was around 4-5 (rescue pig, so can't be 100% certain of his age) so about average for a guinea pig, although most of my previous pigs have lived 7+ years so took me by surprise. :cry:

spot-stripe.jpg

He's the one with the white stripe of fur across his head/back. He's survived by his brother, Spot, who now is all on his own and I don't know what to do.

It's been a terrible few months. Can't cope with all these losses. :cry:

I'm so sorry about your recent losses :cry:
A loss always takes us by surprise, regardless of the animals age and if we were expecting it or not, hugs Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all. You've been tremendous during the past few months - really appreciate the support.

Just need to figure out what on earth I'm going to do with poor Spot now.

So sorry you lost your handsome pig.
It is always hard losing a pet but some how we have to get our minds to thinking that we have done our best. If you have cared for them properly and their time has been good, then even if shorter than we'd like, it is as much as we can do.
So please don't feel bad. Mourn your pig for a while then look forward xx

Last edited:
Thank you all

Jill - thank you especially. Such wonderful words. :love: It's been so easy to think I'm jinxed losing 3 in as many months, but I need to keep my head up for those that remain.

Back