• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boarding - central Scotland

Casco

Mama Doe
Has anyone used somewhere they can recommend in Lanarkshire / Glasgow / anywhere in central Scotland? I've used the findpetboarding website & got a couple of prices but I'm not 100% sure about leaving my bunnies so any personal recommendations would be great.

I was recommended furry friends in Bishopbriggs by fairly beloved and I did speak to them and the guy who runs it seems really nice but they weren't suitable for us at the time. We couldn't find any others that were suitable at all. We use a pet sitter now (franchise called animals at home), the guy we use does falkirk area... not sure how far west they travel (google animals at home falkirk for contact details if you're interested). Good luck!

Furry friends is one of the ones I've contacted. I did actually look at the animals at home website but unfortunately they don't cover my area. My dad has been volunteered to look after them but I'm not sure about leaving them for 11 days with only him popping in for a little while a couple of times a day. I also have 1 that needs regular grooming and I don't think my dad could do it. Hence me looking at alternatives!

They all seem to offer cages stacked in a shed with other rabbits and run time through the day, my 2 are used to having the run of the living / dining room for most of the time! Also surprised at how many have the runs on grass. I'll maybe see if I can visit furry friends, I don't mind paying a bit more if the accommodation is superior - they were over 3 times the price of a nearer one so it would have to be good accommodation. I don't expect them to have the same amount of space they do at home but as long as it's big enough for them to have a run around that would be OK as a temporary home.

Where are you located? I could possibly help out with the grooming part if you were not too far away from me and felt OK me popping over, would give you another option if needed. Obv. would depend on where you were, when you were going, and if you felt comfortable with me going to yours!!!

That's very kind kermit, I can see from your location that you are about half an hour drive from me so I couldn't ask you to trek all the way over here. Thanks for offer :) We'll be away for 10 nights most likely, although not actually booked yet.

That's very kind kermit, I can see from your location that you are about half an hour drive from me so I couldn't ask you to trek all the way over here. Thanks for offer :) We'll be away for 10 nights most likely, although not actually booked yet.

Och that's a shame that I wasn't a bit closer than that :( Good luck searching x

Hiya...

You could also try Bespoke Bunny Boarding in Gartcosh

I'm unsure if Ali still does it but she is a bunny Mum and is a wiz with all things bunny! Mine had very happy holidays there,

Contact Person: Ali Duncan
Street: Gartcosh

Phone: 07838889126

Hiya...

I'm unsure if Ali still does it but she is a bunny Mum and is a wiz with all things bunny! Mine had very happy holidays there,

I don't think Ali is boarding anymore - I asked in Nov, and she said she had stopped

Awww, thats a shame, she was fabulous...

There's not much choice apart from Furry Friends in Bishopbriggs...

Theres a dire shortage of bunny boarding in Central Scotland.

Good luck...

Fee x

I would love to do it, but it just wouldn't really pay the bills, and I don't think people would board with me if I was out of the house full time working!

Hiya...

Ah I think I may have a mutual friend with Ali - the name and area tie up. My friend had spoken before about her friend who ran a boarding business so she enquired on my behalf, but she can't do it.

The thought had crossed my mind to start my own too! Would cost a bit to set up though and I probably don't have enough hands on experience to look after other people's rabbits.

Thanks for the recommendation Fee, always loved having your guys! Unfortunately my nerve pain isn't playing the game right now but if it settles I'll let you all know. The other issue is we tend to be away in the school holidays, when most people need me.

Awww Ali ... Sorry to hear you're still struggling. Lots of love being sent, xx

Hi,

I used the furry friends hotel for a couple of nights over Xmas. The owners were really friendly and sent me pictures of Darcy running around there living room since she is an indoor rabbit and also of her being cuddled by there family. I think it's really difficult to find the perfect boarding so I just keep telling myself that they are only there for a short while. They told me that they have vet students that work for them that come in to help clean out the rabbits etc. We asked them about there biggest size hutches and they said that They are getting some 6 foot hutches before the summer.

Darcy did have mites a few days after the boarding but this wasn't necessarily from the boarding and I didn't want to accuse them of anything incase it was our hay!

Back