• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi :)

Thank you :) your rabbit looks really cute too.

Yes we have thought about a camera as it would be great to keep an eye on them, see what they get up to. My husband did set something temporary up using his mobile phone, it was in the dining room window, as the hutch is by the door, but we could only see a small area. He was able to use it as a webcam which linked with an Internet IP address, attached to the window using our car sat nav holder.

How are your plans coming along, did you say you had already started in your garden?

X

Yea I have started garden, this weekend I've managed to pull down the old shed that was falling apart, still got a few trips to the recycling place to do but that I'll have to wait till next weekend now, slow going when you've only got weekends to get it done. Then it will be the fun stuff then get to go pick out a shed I've been looking on tiger sheds online. Have you had any more ideas for your set up? X

Hi, that's great, do you know what kind of shed you are going to go for?

I still don't have any set ideas yet. I'm visiting our new house later today, so I think we will try and get some measurements in the garden to see what we can do.

I think it will most likely be a shed with access to a walk in run / aviary. But there are so many types of shed to choose from.

I've also got this idea that I'd like to adopt some more rabbits, who would live separately to the ones I have now. So I'm thinking can I get something which will allow me to do that. Probably a bit ambitious though x

Hey, I've been looking at the shiplap 8x6 shed it has four Windows, but I keep changing my mind.
Did you manage to get measurements of your new garden?
Yea it's a nice idea to adopt more, whether you could divide a shed and then have two seperate runs either side but it would have to be a larger shed to do that plus large runs so would need quite a bit of space :)
I'm trying to figure out whether Bella would accept a new friend or not because at the moment she seems to be loving single bun life x

Hi :wave: I've been looking at something similar, but like you, keep changing my mind.

Unfortunately I forgot to take the tape measure so didn't get any measurements and we had a meeting at one of the schools so couldn't hang around. Kicking myself as obviously before I order something, I need to know how much space we have, I did want to have things arrive a day or two after moving in. Not that I've even decided what to get lol.

Yeah I imagined I might have two sheds in the centre, with a walk in run either side, so that the rabbits wouldn't really see each other, as I read on here that some rabbits have been upset having new rabbits in the vicinity. Not eating etc.

It's so expensive though isn't it, even one shed is a lot of money and a walk in run / aviary can be as much, if not more. Plus providing enough space for three rabbits.

I can't really offer any advice about getting Bella a friend, as I'm new to owning rabbits and my three are from the same litter. I do know that most rabbits like the company of other rabbits, but obviously they have to be bonded. When I've looked at the rescues, I've seen lots of male rabbits looking for a 'wife'. There's some really knowledgeable people on here, who could maybe help x

Aww that's a shame that you forgot the measuring tape that's normally what happens though when you want to get something done lol :)
Yea I've heard too that having other rabbits around can cause issues.
Yes everything is so expensive but then you pay similar prices for much smaller hutches/runs etc, that won't last half as long as a shed, so in the long run it will be worth it. I spent a small fortune on hay experts yesterday for Bella, have you ever bought stuff from them?
I'm also trying to plant up a edible bunny garden too out the back with different herbs and bunny safe plants/flowers etc, my oh thinks I'm slowly going mad haha :) have you ever thought about doing something like that?
I definitely want to get Bella a new friend or friends, just gotta get the shed set up first then I'll see what's available, the rescues I've looked at seem to have a lot of already bonded bunnies but see what comes up at the time :) x

Yeah it's frustrating cos I've been waiting so long to get started. Plus I know moving itself is going to be an ordeal and we will have so many other things to get sorted. It's been 9 years since we last moved.

I hadn't heard of the hay experts, might have to take a look. I usually get stuff from Amazon and I used Dee Millen once. But yes I'm always having things arrive. I think it's really fun and I'm always looking for more tunnels / treats etc.

Yes to the herb thing too and have you seen where someone filled a dog bed with turf for their rabbits? I think we will do something like that as they will probably be on a base rather than grass.

I've been looking at sheds again today, but I started looking at quite large ones,but then having to go smaller and smaller for there to be enough money left over for the run area. Do you know what you will do for a run? I'm wondering whether to save money and go for something that isn't actually walk in as we could go in the shed with them still x

It's my first order with the hay experts but it's had some great reviews. I haven't heard of Dee Millen I'll have to check that out.
Have you been on the manor pet housing seen some great things for the shed on there. I know what you mean I get loads more excited getting deliveries for Bella its like Xmas lol.

No I haven't seen the dog bed but that's a great idea, Bella will have access to the grass though.

My plan atm is to get the shed I want which is the bigger one and attach my existing hutch and 2 runs. I am then going to get another larger run (not walk in though) and attach that too. If in the future I want an aviary still I'll just save up. As you said the shed is more important over walk in run and I can still sit out in shed :)

Hi, yes I've had a look on the Manor website, they have some cool stuff on there. I'd love to get them a fort or something. I've got a platform / table thing in the run at the moment and there is always one of them sat on it.

That's a good idea to join up the runs you already have. I think I will be incorporating our hutch / run in as its only a few months old. I was thinking last night about the possibility of buying a large aviary with a roof and putting my current hutch / run inside it. I've seen some on eBay, there's one that is 15ft x 6ft. I could then get a shed later. I'm not sure what I would do for a base though as when we had our hutch on grass it was just mud in no time. Maybe paving slabs! X

I thinks slabs would be your best bet, that's what we,'ve got for under the shed and 2 runs and then one run will be on grass which she can get access too only when we're about due to her being such a great digger. X

Yeah, when we first had ours and they were on grass, they dug some pretty impressive holes. I had a wire skirt around the run and they basically tried to tunnel underneath it. I know now that it's a good idea to put mesh under the whole thing and let the grass go through x

hey, how are you and your bunnies doing? Are you on track for moving? Have you had any other ideas or plans for the rabbit set up?? I've finally managed to clear all the space for my new shed, so this weekend get to order more patio slabs and a shed!! so excited that its finally all coming together and I cannot wait to get bella moved in hopefully within the next month or so, due to a 14 day delivery wait. I've also potted lots of dandelion seeds and i've done some herb and lavender containers that are growing nicely for my spoilt girl :) x

Hi I'm good thank you. You sound really busy, it must be great to be making so much progress, hopefully you can post some photos along the way? :)

We have been in our new house for a week now and I think I probably spent about 3 of the days in tears. We haven't moved for 9 years and it's been a bit overwhelming. Things are settling down now though!

I haven't ordered my shed or run yet but I hope to soon (when I can decide which one to get, lol). The garden here has so much potential, so I'm really keen to get started x

yea i'll have to take some photos, pity I didn't think to take any before i started taking down the old shed and how much i've actually managed to clear. I will def start taking some though as i go along from now on so i can share them on here.

Oh my.. yes a very stressful time for you all hopefully everything goes well from here. Did the bunnies do ok with the move?

Thats really lovely that there's lots of potential in your new garden sometimes then though it gives you too much choice to decide on something :) but theres no rush when you want to get everything perfect for our little fur-babies :) x

Thank you. I think the bunnies could have been a little bit unsettled by the move as I've seen some signs they might of been fighting (missing patches of fur). Another suggestion though (on here) was that it might be a cat prowling around and upsetting them, as there are a few around here.

All the more reason to get on with the garden. We've been measuring up today and we have some ambitious plans for a dog area, decking and garden furniture, a shed (for us) plus the new rabbit shed / aviary and still room for the children. We are really lucky that we are end of terrace so have an extra piece of garden on the side, compared to our neighbours.

The bottom of the garden is 25ft across, so I'm planning a 15ft x 6ft aviary and possibly a 10ft x 6ft shed (if I can afford it!) x

Wow they are some big plans to be getting on with, I too have been pricing up other things recently (bench,table chairs,bbq,etc) and have finally nearly emptied our other shed that we have of all the rubbish my oh has hoarded over the years (non of it useful though, i like a upcycle project when possible) so theres actually somewhere for the kids outside toys to live but i expect i'll still have them piled outside the door for me to fall over though :)
I also have a end house and it is lovely to have the extra garden space. I had a bit of a wobble yesterday on whether to get a playhouse or shed (long story) but i finally ordered the shed this morning, Yay!! so countdown till delivery begins. I'm also on the lookout out for a cheap small hutch that i can upcycle into a hidey for inside the shed (also takes another unsuitable hutch off the market so that no other bunny will be forced to live in it) x

I know, lol, maybe a bit too ambitious! Tbh I doubt my dh will let me go that big for the rabbits.

We actually received 'our' shed today (for bikes etc) and spent literally hours and hours putting it together, it was definitely not straight forward. Plus it was rainy, then sunny, then gale force winds. Since we moved in the things we used to have in our garage (this house doesn't have one :( )have been sitting out in the back garden getting soaked. I doubt either of us will look forward to putting another one together!

It's great you have your shed ordered. I did consider a playhouse myself, but I think the extra head height with a shed is worth it. Sounds like a good idea to put a hutch in the shed for them to cosy up in x

Back