• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi :)

bellabunny

New Kit
Hi. I’m Holly, bunny mum to my gorgeous nearly 2 year old mini lop Bella, unfortunately her bunny companion pumpkin sadly passed away last month. I am currently in the planning and development of a new shed and run project for her (looking for lots of ideas and inspiration) when this is complete I will hopefully then be looking to bond bella with a new bunny friend. I have been reading RU for a while now and it has been very useful to me, so I thought it was time I joined :)

Hiya, welcome to Rabbits United. I'm Ashleigh, I have a 3 month old baby bunny called Snow Cloud. He is a double maned lionhead (Ruby Eyed White). I hope you enjoy this site & enjoy being a member.

Hello, must be exciting for you to have lots of planning to do!
In the housing section there is a great sticky with lots of housing ideas and inspiration, if you haven't already go and check it out.
Is Bella doing okay without her little friend?

hi Holly and welcome to RU, is that Bella in your avatar? she looks lovely :love: sorry to hear of your loss of pumpkin xx

Hiya, welcome to Rabbits United. I'm Ashleigh, I have a 3 month old baby bunny called Snow Cloud. He is a double maned lionhead (Ruby Eyed White). I hope you enjoy this site & enjoy being a member.
Thank you, snow cloud looks absolutely gorgeous btw :)

Hello, must be exciting for you to have lots of planning to do!
In the housing section there is a great sticky with lots of housing ideas and inspiration, if you haven't already go and check it out.
Is Bella doing okay without her little friend?
Hi, yes it very exciting to be finally doing my shed, so been in the garden all day sorting it out and its slowly getting there just need the weather to stay dry (Welsh weather :( ) yes I have looked at the housing threads got some fab ideas from there :)Bella seems to be fine, enjoying being extra spoilt if that's even possible lol, thank you x

Hi :wave:
I've just joined too (after lurking for some time). I have 3 mini lop / lion head sisters who are around 8 months.

I've come here for similar reasons, in that I'm planning a housing project. I'm moving house in two weeks and have the opportunity to get them something much bigger than what they have currently. Ive looked at sheds, aviaries, dog kennels / runs, but think I'm going to go for a shed and run. Looking forward to getting started.

Sorry for your loss x

I've just joined too (after lurking for some time). I have 3 mini lop / lion head sisters who are around 8 months.

I've come here for similar reasons, in that I'm planning a housing project. I'm moving house in two weeks and have the opportunity to get them something much bigger than what they have currently. Ive looked at sheds, aviaries, dog kennels / runs, but think I'm going to go for a shed and run. Looking forward to getting started.

Sorry for your loss x

Hello and welcome to RU. You'll find loads of helpful support, information and like minded people on here.:thumb: I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Sorry for your loss x

Hi, I'm also going for a shed and going to set up two runs that I have already got and buy another run (I've been torn between getting an aviary or larger higher run) and connect everything up with tunnels and I'll make a flap door in the shed that I'll be able to lock if necessary. I just have so many ideas, but atm I'm still in the clearing garden and deciding where everything's going stage but hoping to get shed delivered around Easter :)
We'll have to bounce ideas off each other :)

Yes, it would be great to compare ideas.

I'm so undecided. I keep seeing all these amazing set ups and changing my mind. Obviously we haven't even moved in yet, so it's a way off getting started. We have visited (it's a forces house) and the garden is really big, so we should be able to create something really good.

I have looked at aviaries etc too as my children are really keen to be able to sit inside.

I think it's going to be a big project because we also have 2 dogs and are going to fencing off part of the garden for them (well away from the rabbits).

X

Yes i've also seen some fab set ups and I've taken lots of mental notes of what I want in mine (I'm even dreaming about designs)
My two boys would also like to be able to get in with her and to be honest it would be great to be able to clean and sit with her without getting soaked in bad weather.
I've lost count on how many times i've redesigned how I want it to be like and i'm still not happy with it (it gets bigger each time, don't tell my oh lol)
I also have a dog and 2 cats but thankfully they all get on with Bella she definitely rules the roost :) x

Yeah my ideas are definitely getting bigger the more I look. At the moment I have to crawl into their run to be able to clean it out etc. A while ago we moved them onto the patio (as the grass was wrecked) and I bought some wood and vinyl and created a raised base so that they can use it all the time, even when the weather is bad.

Have you seen those rabbits sheds you can get with the balconies? I dream of getting / making them a balcony.

I think I've become a bit obsessed. I'm way more into them than my children! :)

Yea same here with the crawling into run and then Bella trying to help aka throwing the dust pan and brush around :)
Yes I love the idea of having a bunny balcony hopefully will be able to build one into my design, think it's going to be an ever going project coz I'm always going to want to add things to it but that's half the fun :)
Bella is definitely my bunny and the kids just get to enjoy her too haha :)
What are your bunnies called?

Hi, they are called Bluebell, Bonny and Bing, my children named them. I've just posted some pictures on my introduction thread. Bluebell is the blue/grey one, Bonny is black and Bing is speckled grey.

Yeah, I think their housing is definitely something that will keep evolving. I started a thread in 'Housing' don't know if you have seen it, but I've had lots of really useful replies x

great names, saw the pics their gorgeous :)
Yea had a read of your housing thread definitely got some more ideas to think about.
I would also love some sort of bunny cam, have you thought about having one?

Back