• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is it just me that see's this as crazy

Yes, it does seem very odd. Especially as it seems to have the backing of a rescue :shock:

Stupid idea in my opinion, in the same way the bunny yoga thing was...

Bunnies are bound to be stressed and hurt I think.

The "rescue" bit caused me the most concern. Poor buns. It'll like the "yoga with rabbits" thing that is popular in the US. :roll:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of food for the bunnies I suppose that means carrots etc. I think they will finish up at the vets.

I think that Rescue used to be a member of the forum so perhaps it would be kinder to get their side of the story than speculate. Newpapers do like to sensationalise and twist things.

From the bits hidden in the hype it sounds like there will be some rabbits contained in a run within the 'spa' for two days only. So I'm imagining the rescue is enjoying some free publicity/educational opportunity. Like having a stand with some bunnies at an event. I'd hope with it being a rescue the food will be appropriate - I got the impression the free carrots were for the humans :lol:

Surely this it pandering to the 'needs' of humans and really doesn't do much to highlight the plight of rabbits in general?

This reminds me of the Japanese restaurant where the bunnies were supposed to free roam too. :(
When will people understand that animals are not just for entertainment value? :evil:

on facebook its been mentioned that this rescue, also breeds :? :shock: :cry:

indeed - Beefeater Stud according to one conversation I saw on the Burgess FB page (during a thread about them pulling out of supporting the Harrogate Show)

Last edited:
I find it sad that a company like 7th Heaven who are Peta/BUAV and Vegan Society certified feel that this is appropriate especially given that they were getting their bunnies from a rescue where the owner is known to breed (they told me that they didn't know this was the case). Even if they don't go ahead (which they were hinting at on the thread on their own FB page - but now removed) the idea is already circulating via other media who are all going goo goo over the idea. Others will no doubt copy the idea regardless and may not be so 'ethical'.

My really big concern is that I've been sent and have seen other people being sent links by their friends to pictures of rabbits lying 'relaxed' in bubble baths, under taps etc as part of the promotions - not directly from the company doing it but other press organisations have picked up on the story and found these photos and used them. I don't doubt it was done with the best of intentions, but it's proliferating the idea of 'pampering' rabbits and giving them baths/treatments and making those awful photos of stressed, wet rabbits look 'normal'. People sharing these posts clearly just think it's cute and have no idea how awful that is for the rabbits concerned, so I think unfortunately it's been extremely damaging to rabbit welfare.

My really big concern is that I've been sent and have seen other people being sent links by their friends to pictures of rabbits lying 'relaxed' in bubble baths, under taps etc as part of the promotions - not directly from the company doing it but other press organisations have picked up on the story and found these photos and used them. I don't doubt it was done with the best of intentions, but it's proliferating the idea of 'pampering' rabbits and giving them baths/treatments and making those awful photos of stressed, wet rabbits look 'normal'. People sharing these posts clearly just think it's cute and have no idea how awful that is for the rabbits concerned, so I think unfortunately it's been extremely damaging to rabbit welfare.

yes I saw that bubble bath link to :cry:

I find it sad that a company like 7th Heaven who are Peta/BUAV and Vegan Society certified feel that this is appropriate especially given that they were getting their bunnies from a rescue where the owner is known to breed (they told me that they didn't know this was the case). Even if they don't go ahead (which they were hinting at on the thread on their own FB page - but now removed) the idea is already circulating via other media who are all going goo goo over the idea. Others will no doubt copy the idea regardless and may not be so 'ethical'.

Well that tells you all you need to know.

Back