• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scurry free little mouse.

sunnibunny

Alpha Buck
I feel absolutely awful today. A mouse was in the shed that my rabbit leah is houses. Leah and i were away that night, so the mouse had no food or water during the night. Saw the next day that it had tried to escape by chewing the foam which covers air gaps and could have ingested quite a bit. I had saw it the previous afternoon drinking water from leahs bowl though and it was active. Today it was huddled in some quilt bedding where it went to sleep forever. Did i cause it to die?ie no water during night? Too cold? No food ? Or could it have been its time? I feel so guilty, but on the other perspective i didnt want it to get the idea that it could come whenever it wanted and that food was available. Was trying to deter it away. Cant believe it couldnt survive just one night?!? Feel horrible :-( :-(

I feel absolutely awful today. A mouse was in the shed that my rabbit leah is houses. Leah and i were away that night, so the mouse had no food or water during the night. Saw the next day that it had tried to escape by chewing the foam which covers air gaps and could have ingested quite a bit. I had saw it the previous afternoon drinking water from leahs bowl though and it was active. Today it was huddled in some quilt bedding where it went to sleep forever. Did i cause it to die?ie no water during night? Too cold? No food ? Or could it have been its time? I feel so guilty, but on the other perspective i didnt want it to get the idea that it could come whenever it wanted and that food was available. Was trying to deter it away. Cant believe it couldnt survive just one night?!? Feel horrible :-( :-(

Oh Sunnibunny, it's always sad when animals pass away, whoever they are :(

I don't think it's anything to do with what you did or didn't do. I think it would have happened anyway, as they usually can survive well. Please don't blame yourself xx

Scurry free little mouse :love:

Oh Sunnibunny, it's always sad when animals pass away, whoever they are :(

I don't think it's anything to do with what you did or didn't do. I think it would have happened anyway, as they usually can survive well. Please don't blame yourself xx

Scurry free little mouse :love:

Thank you for your kind words. Feel awful and guilty. Actually cancelled valentines day plans with bf as have cried 6 times and would not be fun company for him,plus he doesn't know how to support/cheer me being a general guy. So i appreciate what you have said. Hugging leah like mad to help.

Thank you for your kind words. Feel awful and guilty. Actually cancelled valentines day plans with bf as have cried 6 times and would not be fun company for him,plus he doesn't know how to support/cheer me being a general guy. So i appreciate what you have said. Hugging leah like mad to help.

It's both a blessing and a curse being sensitive. I can imagine that it's on your mind all day today.

Can you postpone Valentine's Day until you are feeling a bit better?

(((( hugs ))))

Will have to postpone it for a week due to our schedules. But prob for the best, cant stop thinking about the cute little mouse and feeling responsible. :-(

I am sure that it was just time to move on, mice are quite resilient and should be able to survive a night, at least it was out of the weather and had somewhere comfy to lay down, sounds like a peaceful passing. Scurry free little one.

Back