• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Utterly distraught

Oh I'm so very sorry :-(. Sweet dreams beautiful Bramble xx. Where you got him from is completely irrelevant - you loved him with all your heart and now you're hurting. Big hug xx

I am so sorry you lost your big beautiful boy, it is so tragic when they pass away so young, suddenly and with no real knowledge why. I hope the tests give you some answers. Hugs xxx

Sorry to hear your news. I really hope the post mortem can give you answers. I have lost a giant, similarly very quickly and she was only two it was thought to be acute pneumonia. There were no signs and she had been out the evening before, eating and playing. :(
Such a shame that you are probably not the only one who does not feel they can post about new pets.

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss I have lost many rabbits but my old boy Treacle died in October last year and still not got over it know exactly how you feel x

Wherever you got him from it is still sad he died so young :(
Hope you get answers but sadly sometimes a PM produces nothing. There is always something to find as no living being is 100% perfect but it may not answer as to why he passed away.
xx

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. What a beautiful bunny he was. It is devastating particularly when they are young and should have their whole life ahead. When my Rex bunny Ben died last June I literally cried for days. We declined a post mortem on Ben - I just wanted to take him home and hold him, and let DeeDee sniff him etc, but the Vet said it was probably a heart attack. We had just got the set up right in the bunny room for him and he was happily digging in the new tunnel we built for him full of cardboard. It felt like everything was perfect and he never got to enjoy it. People who don't love rabbits don't understand the place they have in your heart, and so you did the right thing in coming on the forum. People helped me so much and I hope you also get some comfort from fellow bunny lovers.. xxxxxx

Thank you all so much for your support. I'm still gutted and every time I go in the kitchen I expect to see him come flying through the cat flap. :( Nearly impulse adopted a pair on facebook the other day! Decided better of it though - going to give it some time, get my head together. So much stuff going on this year I need to concentrate on instead.

Should find out in the next 24 hours whether or not the lab found anything and then I just need to focus on moving on.

Back