• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello from London!

onygarm

New Kit
Hi everyone, my name is Anthony and I live in the Camden area of London. Saying hello as I'm new to the Rabbits United forum. Thanks.

Thanks for the welcome. We have two rabbits around 13 months old, they're Polish breed so pretty feisty and full of energy.

We're actually looking for a housing solution as they're currently in our laundry room reeking havoc. They're energetic so need a bigger place to run. Any suggestions on what's best for this breed?

Housing solution for young Polish breed rabbits

We were trying to work-out the best way of housing the rabbits outdoors but giving them plenty of freedom to play and climb. At the moment they're having to make do with a small space in our laundry room as I mentioned so its less than ideal for them and us. I had a brainwave last night, why not buy a small Wendy house like the one the kids used to play in at our old house. We could then build-up the inside with various slopes and runs so that they can play until their hearts content. I think we'll also cut a small whole in the side for a little hatch door and create an outdoor run for them to use in the daytime so they aren't stuck inside but don't end up running-off and getting into mischief. I'm sure they'd be more than happy with the arrangement. We've found a couple of wooden one's for sale at an online used goods site so we're going to place some bids on the auction and see how that turns out. We don't need anything brand new so a cheap second-hand Wendy house that we can customize the inside of ourselves would be perfect for our little Poles.

Thanks, Tony.

We were trying to work-out the best way of housing the rabbits outdoors but giving them plenty of freedom to play and climb. At the moment they're having to make do with a small space in our laundry room as I mentioned so its less than ideal for them and us. I had a brainwave last night, why not buy a small Wendy house like the one the kids used to play in at our old house. We could then build-up the inside with various slopes and runs so that they can play until their hearts content. I think we'll also cut a small whole in the side for a little hatch door and create an outdoor run for them to use in the daytime so they aren't stuck inside but don't end up running-off and getting into mischief. I'm sure they'd be more than happy with the arrangement. We've found a couple of wooden one's for sale at an online used goods site so we're going to place some bids on the auction and see how that turns out. We don't need anything brand new so a cheap second-hand Wendy house that we can customize the inside of ourselves would be perfect for our little Poles.

Thanks, Tony.
That sounds like an excellent idea! I've seen some before for this purpose that have been done up to look absolutely fabulous, plus the bunnies will adore it as you will be able to build shelves and and other fun things for them to climb on.

The outside run is also a fabulous idea and probably quite an important one as I imagine a wendy house on it's own won't quite be big enough, but then again I may just be thinking that they are smaller than they actually are haha. It's always nice for them to get outside in the sunshine anyway, even if they have got enough room.

I'm excited for you and your bunnies with this and want to see plenty of updates, especially once it has been done! Good luck with the auction [emoji4]

welcome to RU:wave: looking forward to seeing pics of your bunnies & their new set up (when it arrives)

welcome2-1_zpsc2zsdhld.gif

Hi Welcome! Wendy house very good idea. For my big rabbits I bought a wendy house, put in a second level with ramp, vinyl co vering the floor, and cat flap. The wendy house is within a large 15 x 10feet enclosure which they had permanent access. Enclosure made by a friend using weld mesh all around and covering the ground, for security. Wendy houses are not big enough without extra permanent space. The enclosure is now enlarged to 26 feet x 15 feet as 4 rabbits live there (very spoilt!) I wish you the best of luck in your housing plan!

Hi Welcome! Wendy house very good idea. For my big rabbits I bought a wendy house, put in a second level with ramp, vinyl co vering the floor, and cat flap. The wendy house is within a large 15 x 10feet enclosure which they had permanent access. Enclosure made by a friend using weld mesh all around and covering the ground, for security. Wendy houses are not big enough without extra permanent space. The enclosure is now enlarged to 26 feet x 15 feet as 4 rabbits live there (very spoilt!) I wish you the best of luck in your housing plan!
Wow they are very spoilt bunnies! That enclosure sounds excellent!

Thanks guys, we had a bit of a hectic month so are now looking at getting the project underway, will update with progress, thanks.

Back