Thread: Bereaved rabbit

Default Bereaved rabbit

Hi

I had to have my male rabbit put to sleep due to E. Cuniculi on Wednesday.
    He left behind a wife who is currently having precautionary panacur and showing no signs of anything. She is on day nine I will carry on for a 28 day course for her.
    My question is how long would be best before getting her a new friend?
    She is a nervy bunny and Merlin really calmed her. But we are now back to being nervy and she is thumping alot.

I lost a bun to EC 16 months ago which left Blosskins on her own, I had blood tests done on Blosskins to check that she wasn't a carrier for the EC did the 28 day course of Panacur and once that was complete I set out to find her a new husbun, Blue came to live with us in November 14, they make a perfect couple, so I would say that once you have completed the 28 day course start looking around for a date for her.

Good luck with everything I am sure that you will know what is best.

Give it a bit of time then think of adopting a new friend.Male neutered buns can be calming to stroppy females .Ahem..twas ever thus...

Wise Old Thumper

I am sorry you lost your male rabbit

I would say wait until the end of the 28 day course and then start to look for a new partner for her. It sounds as though she needs a new rabbit to calm her. Good luck.

Thank you.
    I have a few rescues near me so after the 28 days I will have a look for a 2/3 year old neutered male.

Just want to say sorry for your loss & I hope after the course you can find her a nice new husbun to help keep her calm

Wise Old Thumper Mrs. Bunnykins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baby04 View Post
    Thank you.
    I have a few rescues near me so after the 28 days I will have a look for a 2/3 year old neutered male.
    I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your bunny, but hopefully you will be in a position to offer a forever home for one is a rescue. Best of luck.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES