• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Female rabbit has gone crazy!!!!

jennycreed

Young Bun
Hi guys,

I have a male lionhead (Simba born jan 2015) and a female lion head (big, born 20th august 2015)

I got simba from a pet store and he is the most loving, unharmful rabbit ive ever met. When i paired him with big, they fell in love straight away and were cuddling from minute one and wouldnt leave each others side.

Anyway, simba is neutered, big isnt. Past few days shes just been absolutely crazy and ive had to put them in seperate cages.

Big keeps humpin simba, she wont stop and simba is getting stressed out, he didnt eat at first and i stayed up all night feeding him his favourite treats to make sure he would eat something. He has only pooped 5times since 11pm last night.

When i put them back together, Big circles simba in a really intimidating way and simba just submits instead of sticking up for himself. Ive kept their cages close together so they can still see/smell eachother while they are seperated.

What do I do, why has she gone crazy... she keeps taking clumps of fur out of his back and head and she eats it...

I'm guessing the answer is gonna be get Big neutered Asap and re-introduce one her hormones have settled?

Hi guys,

I have a male lionhead (Simba born jan 2015) and a female lion head (big, born 20th august 2015)

I got simba from a pet store and he is the most loving, unharmful rabbit ive ever met. When i paired him with big, they fell in love straight away and were cuddling from minute one and wouldnt leave each others side.

Anyway, simba is neutered, big isnt. Past few days shes just been absolutely crazy and ive had to put them in seperate cages.

Big keeps humpin simba, she wont stop and simba is getting stressed out, he didnt eat at first and i stayed up all night feeding him his favourite treats to make sure he would eat something. He has only pooped 5times since 11pm last night.

When i put them back together, Big circles simba in a really intimidating way and simba just submits instead of sticking up for himself. Ive kept their cages close together so they can still see/smell eachother while they are seperated.

What do I do, why has she gone crazy... she keeps taking clumps of fur out of his back and head and she eats it...

I replied in the duplicate thread in 'Health'

She is probably feeling hormonal and may be on the verge of having a phantom pregnancy. Spaying her would be the best option. Not only from the behavioural point of view but also to protect her from uterine infections and cancer when she gets older

http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/content/info-sheets/uterine.htm

http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/content/leaflet_pdfs/neutering28.8.07.pdf

definitely hormones i'd say. maybe some spring fever thrown in there aswell. sounds like she needs spaying now :)

How long can I delay getting her spayed as I am having money issues at the moment. They are currently in seperate cages but I dont want them to 'un bond' in the process.

I have just replied on your other thread:

I reckon it's because your female rabbit is feeling hormonal, which happens to mature females when they haven't been spayed. It may be just about time to think about getting her spayed, and this should calm down all this behaviour as well as protecting her against uterine cancer.

http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resou...ing28.8.07.pdf

Back