Thread: Neutral territory?

Default Neutral territory?

Bob will be off to the vets have his bits removed in the next few weeks so we need to start thinking seriously about bonding him with Buddy but I've got myself confuddled with the neutral territory issue. Both the boys are given free run of the flat (at separate times obviously) but this means we have zero areas that neither bun has visited.

They already "know" each other in the sense that their pens are right beside each other, their hay racks are back to back so they are effectively sharing one big rack (albeit with bars through the middle) and are often interacting in one way or another ......... Not ALWAYS in a good way I'll admit but nothing bad enough to make me think they cannot be bonded.

So with this in mind, is neutral territory still as important as it would be for 2buns who have never seen each other before?

Wise Old Thumper

This is an interesting one! I would assume one of the boys is more dominant than the other therefore he may attack the other one. It would be much better if you could introduce them on neutral territory. Let's see what others have to say!

Buddy is slightly more dominant but as Bob still has all his bits it's a bit hard to tell at times, on the odd occasion when they have been out together (by accident) Buddy has started a scuffle but so half heartedly that we had to do was put some pellets on the floor next to them and they immediately ignored each other and started pigging out which bought us enough time to scoop one of them up and pop them back in their pen lol.