• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I killed another rabbit

dont blame yourself! i did that one time (not the same situation but similar) and i know how hard it is for you not to blame yourself. but sorry for your loss. binky free butterfly.

I know there are no words to ease the pain, but I also know you have given this little one all the love you have to offer. And that is what Butterfly will have remembered.
Bacteria and viruses are always changing into forms that medicine does not recognize and even when everything is planned for sometimes it makes no difference.
I am so very sorry you have had to say goodbye. :cry: Sending ((((((((((((gentle hugs)))))))))))))))) to you.
Binky free, Butterfly. xxxx

So very sorry.
Please try and remember the love and care you give all your buns.
We all get confused and forgetful.
Sending you love. Xx

I don't have anything to add, but would like to reinforce the Not Your Fault words all over this thread.

Best wishes, Sky-O: try and focus on the positives.

:( I'm so sorry you lost Butterfly. It wasn't your fault. Even if he'd been vaccinated, he may have contracted it anyway. The fact it wasn't full blown myxi proves he must have had some kind of vaccine cover. I've never heard of myxi affecting their tongue. Are they sure it was myxi?

Sending you stay safe vibes. Xxx

Oh how heart breaking for you. I am so sorry that you feel it was your fault. That must really add to the pain that you are feeling. Butterfly is at peace now. I hope that in time you will feel able to forgive yourself.

RIP Butterfly.

I would trust you 100% to have my bunnies and I do genuinely mean that! You Have just been unfortunate, not a bad owner. I wish more people cared as much as you. Butterfly was very lucky to be in your care, many bunnies don't ever experience love and proper care, yours all do and have!

I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to Butterfly :cry: It's easy to get vaccine dates mixed up, please don't beat yourself up xx

Back