• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do I add a 3rd Rabbit?

KatieMarie

New Kit
Hi everyone, just looking for a bit of advice. I currently have a bonded pair, a male Holland lop and a female crossbreed - both 18 months old and neutered. They currently live in a large shed with access to a large secure garden when somebody's home. I will be looking to move out in the summer and they will then come indoors. They are both really well looked after and I'd love to offer a good home to another rabbit but wondered if this is recommended with an already bonded pair? And if so would I better adding a second male or female and what age? They are both pretty laid back, neither are particularly dominant but he is more submissive than her. Any advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Katie :)

Personally, I wouldn't risk breaking an existing bond by adding another rabbit. If you have space you could perhaps have another bonded pair from a rescue? They may have to be well out of sight/smelling distance of new rabbits, though, otherwise you could have referred aggression and, again, break your existing bond.

Back