• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Daves Floppy Ear - VETS LATER

MummyBunnyEm

Mama Doe
I called the vet about Daves floppy ear & she wants to see him today. I was actually out at the time she called and she asked if his ear was a funny colour or if it was cold. I said I didn't think so but couldn't be a 100% at that moment in time as I was not at home. Anyway since getting home I've checked his ear, it's of a normal colour & is warm. I suspected that that would be the case as I would have noticed earlier in the week if it wasn't right, I'm always touching his lovely big ears!

Should I be worried? She's obviously concerned about the blood flow/circulation or lack of it.

Appointment is at 2.30.

In my view she just wants to confirm herself that all is well. The two things she asked regarding colour and temperature are both OK, so I wouldn't be concerned if I were you. That said, I've never had this problem occuring and so can well imagine that I would worry if it were me :lol: Hopefully she can examine the lovely Dave this afternoon and confirm that there's nothing to worry about. He really shouldn't have such beautiful long ears, which would lead to this happening :lol: I bet little Nethies don't have the same problem! Sending lots of vibes.

Awwww, I hope he's ok.

He's a beautiful helicopter but I can understand her concern as it shouldn't really happen (although obviously does). I assume the cartilage (or whatever it is between the ears that holds them up) can get damaged and cause this (just like it growing up big and causing lops) but I don't know.

At least his ears are lovely and warm and healthy. Sure that means there's nothing to worry about.

Nose rubs to Dave. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She said all feels/looks fine, it's just he's a bit special... He only had one testicle after all :)

Hopefully it will sort itself out in time.

She said all feels/looks fine, it's just he's a bit special... He only had one testicle after all :)

Hopefully it will sort itself out in time.

Glad all is well :thumb:

When it happened to my rabbit, I took him to see a vet about it, and confirmed that all was well, even though the vet was mystified!

Back