• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mr Norman Piggy (Olympic Gold medalist and fondly known as Wibble)

My only posts on here the last few years seem to have been about the loss of my ageing crew that I started with in 2006. Sadly now Norman Piggy also left us in the early hours of yesterday morning for the bridge after a sudden illness. Norman was the last to join the South Mill Gang in May 2012. It was in the middle of the flooding in Gloucester that year that Gaby and I went to Windwhistle Warren with our then bereaved lady piggy Laura to see if she would take a second huspig.

Well, it was love at first sight when she spotted handsome boar Mr Norman Piggy in his black and white dinner jacket. He was on his best behaviour and wooed her over a meal of grass within minutes of them being together in Alice’s field. That was it Laura had bagged a 3-year-old toy boy and Norman had his longed for princess. They had a lovely few years together until Laura went to the bridge last year after eight years with us and Norman followed this morning a few months before what we think may have been his seventh birthday this coming May.

Alice at Windwhistle had told us that day that there was something very special about Norman and that it would be immoral for him not to have the joy of human company and she was absolutely right. He turned out to be both a wonderful and at times cheeky chappie huspig to Laura and a piggy who revelled in showing us his antics which we called the pig Olympics!! :lol: You see Norman loved running…. or rather hurtling around the house showing you just how fast he could go, before crashing out under the wash basket to catch his breath!! If you happened to be downstairs under the room he was running in, you could be forgiven for thinking that there was a 2 year old child running around the room - he made that much noise thundering around breaking every piggy race record that he could!! He also fondly became known as Wibble when he suddenly started trying to imitate Laura’s bagpipe wheeking that she would do whenever there were veggies about, but he could never quite get it right, hence the name Wibble for the sound that he ended up making happily instead of wheeking.:lol:

Needless to say it is with real sadness that I have to say popcorn free to the little handsome man loved by all of us, sleep tight Normy, popcorn and wibble free at the bridge where you’ll find the rest of the gang especially your lady Laura, we love you sweetheart, with love from Carol, Gaby, Millie and Benny. :love::love:

Thanks also along the way to Wind Whistle Warren Gloucester, Acorn Vets Studley and your Auntie Jo at the Bunnery Staffordshire. :wave::wave:

Am smiling through the tears - what a wonderful piggy he was. I am so sorry he had to leave you :cry:

Have fun at the bridge Norman xxx

Back